Forty

April 10, 2018

"I just don't understand how I'm supposed to
go to a doctors office with out people being suspicious." I said walking into the kitchen where Ally and Shawn were sitting. I don't even remember Ally getting here, but it doesn't even surprise me any more. I did however have to look at the clock because she should be at work, but then I realized school let out an hour ago and I literally slept the whole day again. 

"Don't they do house calls or something?" Ally asked, biting into a banana.

"They're doctors, not prostitutes." I laughed, opening the cabinet to find some crackers. I walked over the wear Shawn was and moved his arm so I could stand between him and the island. He then moved his arms and wrapped them around my waist.

"They have personal doctors that go to celebrities' houses instead of them having to go out and be attacked by fans and stuff."

"In Los Angels maybe, not in Toronto." I said nipping on the cracker in my hand.

"Well, just wear a disguise or something then." She said throwing the rest of her banana away.

"Or we could go really early in the morning." Shawn suggested.

"Eww." I said turning up my nose at the thought of being awake before the sun. "Disguises it is then."

————————
"Babe how tall are you?" I asked turning to look at Shawn. I'm currently trying to fill out this two hundred page long questionnaire at the doctors office.

"6'2." He answered.

"What if this kid is too big and they can't get it out?" I asked, suddenly realizing just how giant Shawn is compared to me.

"That's not going to happen." He said, I looked over at the nurse and she just looked away in a non reassuring way. I groaned and fell back on the table. I handed the paper work to the nurse and the struggles go sit back up.

"Alright sweetheart, I've got to get a blood sample." She said putting on a pair of gloves. I nodded and closed my eyes, not exactly trusting my stomach to handle the sight of blood at the moment.

When the needle pierced my skin, I squeezed Shawn's hand. He let out a small ow, I guess I squeezed to hard.

"Get used to it honey, she's going to squeeze your hand a lot harder than that as the months go on." The nurse said, I'm assuming she was smiling but my eyes were still closed. I laughed. "Alright. The needle is out." She said holding her finger over where the needle was at to apply pressure.

She typed something in the computer before walking out to get the OB.

"We should have our parents over tonight to tell them." I said thinking out loud.

"What about our siblings?" He asked.

"We can tell them later. I don't want to tell too many people yet." I said rolling my head over to the side to look at him.

"Okay. I'll text my mom now." He said pulling his phone out of his pocket. I did the same

Me:
Dinner at ours tonight @ 7
Mama♥️
Sounds good. Kids bring swim suits?
Me:
If they want to.
Mama ♥️
Alright. Be there around 3:30 so they can swim. Want us to bring anything?
Me:
ANope. Just yourselves 😊
Mama♥️
Alright. Love you
Me:
Love you too.

There was a knock on the door so I put my phone back on the table beside me.

"Good morning. I'm Dr. Warren and I'll be your OB for this pregnancy." The doctor said coming in and shaking both of our hands. He was a d older guy, but not too old. He looked like he knew what he was doing.