Fifty-nine

October 29th, 2018 (the words in italics are a flashback)

"Shawn, are you doing anything important?" I yelled from the living room. He came around the corner, almost falling.

"What? What's happening? Is the baby okay?" He asked after catching himself.

"Why wouldn't the baby be fine?" I asked confused.

"No reason, just the tone-never mind. What'd you need?"

"Moms need us to go pick Aimee up from daycare." He turned around and looked at the clock.

"It's not even ten yet, I thought she didn't get out until 4?" He asked, scratching his neck.

"She got into a little trouble."

"What kind of trouble?" He asked.

"I don't know. Moms just asked if we could go pick her up because neither of them can get out of work."

"I guess we can." He walked over and grabbed my hands, helping me off the couch.

———————-
"Everything your sister was saying makes sense now." Aimee's teacher said as I walked into the room to pick her up.

"Excuse me?" I asked, confused.

"She called one of our volunteers from the high school fat."

"She did what?" I asked completely shocked.

"When we asked her to explain why she called the student fat, she said that she asked her if she ate a seed like her sister did and if she had a baby in her belly to." The teacher explained, getting Aimee's stuff together. "And when she answered no, then she said so your your just fat then, got it."

"Oh my gosh." I said putting her book bag on my back. "Did she apologize?" I asked.

"She's over there with her now." She said, pointing to where Aimee was sitting with the teenager.

"Alright. I tell moms to talk to her." I said sighing. She nodded and walked away to get Aimee.

—————————
"I don't understands whys I'm in trouble." Aimee said, sitting down in the chair in the corner and huffing.

"Because you were mean to your teacher." I said to her for the millionth time.

"Alls I Did was ask her if she ate a seed like yous did."

"Aimee, you can't ask people you don't if they are having a baby."

"But I do knows her. Hers my teacher."

"It's not the same baby girl. That's a question you can only ask family members." Shawn said.

"I don't like the corner." She said kicking her feet.

"Then stop talking. You'll get out sooner."

"How?"

"Because the quieter you are, the faster time will go by."

"Whatever." She said, shutting up. My eyes widened and I turned to look at Shawn.

"I've seen my future, it's a scary place." I whispered. He laughed.

—————————-