Forty-Two

April 28th, 2018

Me:
You ever see a video of something really hot and then your like "damn I'm pregnant?"
Wifey 💙:
Umm, maybe once or twice, why?
Me:
Well I do it all the time.
But like,
Fr fr
Wifey 💙:
Ummm?
Me:
Surprise 🤷🏼‍♀️

But we aren't telling peopleSo 🤫Wifey 💙: Ofc love! I'm so excited to be an auntie 😍😍

So 🤫
Wifey 💙:
Ofc love! I'm so excited to be an auntie 😍😍

"So when's the wedding?" Mama asked as I sat down on the couch.

"Who's getting married?"

"Well I don't see anyone else in this room," She said lifting an eyebrow at me.

"I'm not getting married." I said pointing at myself.

"Oh come on! I'm tying to win a be-" she stopped her self. "I mean I just want my baby to be happy."

"I can't believe you guys bet on my life." I said rolling my eyes. Lino then came down the stairs and walked into the kitchen before walking into the living room.

"You know I was thinking. And if it's a boy you should name it John and if it's a girl you should name it Dawn." He said sitting on the floor and opening his chips.

"John or Dawn Mendes? You've got a lot of jokes don't you?"

"I just think it'll be funny if your kid has his last name and you don't." I rolled my eyes at her

"Honey, stop pestering her." Mum said walking in with slices of watermelon. "She's growing our grandchild, she doesn't need to be stressed." I took two slices from her.

"At least someone is on my side." I said bitting into the watermelon.

"I still can't believe you made me drive all the way to town to buy some watermelons." Shawn said walking in and sitting beside me on the couch. I took another bite and looked at him smiling sheepishly.

"Get used to it son. Wait until it's 3am and she wants chicken nuggets or something." Mama said giving mum the side eye.

"Chicken nuggets are gross." I said, squinching my nose up.

"You say that now." Shawn said laughing.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said, licking the juice from the watermelon off the side of my hand.

"Two weeks ago, you hated watermelon." Shawn said.

"I still don't see your point." I said finishing the second piece and reaching for another one.

"I thought you hated watermelon?" Ali asked walking into the living room confused. Shawn looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Stop belittling me." I said, almost crying for the third time today. "I just want to eat the watermelon in peace." I said angrily biting into the piece I had in my hand.

——————
"Everything looks great. You should be perfectly fine to travel. Just don't overwork yourself. And it's starting to get hot so make sure you eat right and drink plenty of water." Dr. Warren said after he printed off the pictures and handed them to me.

"Are you sure? She's not going to hurt the baby or herself in any way? What if she falls on the stage or something?" Shawn asked, still not entirely convinced. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm not the one who falls on stage, that would be you." I said turning to look at him and laughing.

"She's not going to hurt her self is the baby. However, I do think that dad worries a little too much for his own good." Dr. Warren said looking at his clip board. I laughed at him while Shawn pouted.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed, getting off the table and walking towards the door.

"See you guys in a month." He says waving us out of the exam room.

"I'm driving." I said grabbing the keys from Shawn's pocket when we got outside.

"What? Why?" He asked, pausing in his spot.

"Because I'm already nauseous and your driving makes me nervous."

"I make you nervous, eh?" He asked opening the passenger door. I looked at him with no expression on my face. "Well the feeling is mutual love."

"I'm not in the mood for your jokes, I'm hungry."

"Do you have a particular taste for anything?"

"You're just full of it today, aren't you?" I asked cranking the Jeep.

"What can I say, it's just in my blood."

"Are you done?" I asked pulled out of the parking lot.

"Why?"

"Because it's annoying."

"My ability to stop seems to be lost in Japan."

"Well, when you're ready to stop, let me know because I'm done." I said turning to look at him at the stop light.

"See, I was just waiting for you to play along." He said smiling.

"You're ridiculous." I said smiling back at him.

"You love me though."

"That I do."
—————————
"I want an Oreo McFlurry but I want caramel and fudge mixed in with it."

"That'll be extra, is that okay?" The drive thru worker asked.

"Yes ma'am."

"Anything else for you today?" She asked.

"You want anything?" I asked turning to look at Shawn. He shook his head.

"No, but you're supposed to be eating healthy remember?"

"It's ice cream, not the end of the world." I turned back to the window.

"Just a large water and then that'll be all."

"Alright. $4.97 at the first window please."

"Getting a water doesn't make it healthy." He said not looking up from his phone.

"Will you just hand me my wallet and shut up." I said laughing. He shook his head once again and reached his hand into his pocket, handing me $5.

"Seriously?" I asked amused. "You make a big fuss about me not eating healthy but you're still going to pay for it?"

"My mom and your moms told me to pay for anything edible that you may want, I'm not trying to have all of you angry at me." He said. I raised my eyebrows at him before taking the money from him.

"I can't argue with that."

——————————-

@merbearsings17 getting ready to get on a plane but before I do: issues drops tonight at midnight 😘

278k retweets; 1.7m likes; 700k replies

I updated 🤷🏽‍♀️