1. the dog and the flip flop

||unedited||

O N E:

Carefully and neatly, I tied my hair back into a slick back pony and tugged on my shorts and fixed my blouse. I shuffled around my room for a good ten minutes before I finally found my flip flops which I blindly chucked away three nights ago.

"Aimee Michelson, I hope you're ready because we're leaving with or without you my love!"  She spoke in a sing-song tone with a bright smile on her face. That, is my best friend Jamie Prescott, pretty, blonde and smart and also one of the most nicest people on earth. She barged into my room, making me jolt upright in surprise and drop my flip flop which my dog happily took into her mouth.

"No, Stoney! Drop it. Give it back!" I groaned and went on all fours as I tried my best to pry away my flip flop out of my dogs mouth, cringing at the slobber she was spreading into it. "Come on, be a good girl and listen. I need to go." As much as I'd plea with my dog, it was utterly useless seeing as she had a mind of her own and did not care what she did.

"Oh shoot, Stoney!" Jamie rushed inside to help me get it back. "Bad girl, Stoney! Bad. Girl!" Stoney immediately started whimpering. "Drop it, spit it out- drop it! Drop. It!" Stoney guiltily obliged, dropping my flip flop from her mouth, and continued whining and covering her eyes with her paws.

"Thank you, Jamie." I send over a grateful smile before grabbing a hold of my newly dog slobbered flip flop and wiping away the residue.

"You're welcome, now let's go before Lex starts complaining and leaves us."

"Got it." I stand up and grab my bag and phone. "Later, Stoney. Be a good girl." I petted her head and give her a quick scratch and a kiss before running down the stairs and out of my house with a quick goodbye to my mom.

"What took you guys so long?" Is the first thing she said once Jamie and I settle down inside her car.

My other best friend, Alexandra Montez, fiery, hot headed and sarcastic. She's quite the nerd and bookworm but still managed to scare off anyone.

"Sorry, Stoney got at my shoe."

"Goddamn that dog." She huffed and put down her book but not before placing her bookmark in. "Lets go." Without further ado, she stepped on the gas and we drove off into the sunset and lived happily ever after.

Kidding.