36. Strangely Normal

||unedited||

T H I R T Y S I X:

"Welcome all! Hope you had a great mini break -- Halloween — because now it's time to get serious." Mr Parkinson greeted in his seated position, his feet propped up onto his desk as he threw a baseball to each hand. "SAT's." He simply said with a relaxed smile. The class grumbled in protest and Parkinson weirdly laughed as a response. "Don't go complaining that you haven't learnt anything, I tried. You guys refused and at the end of the day, it's your SAT scores; not mine. I've already achieved mine."

"Lucky you." Daniel muttered and slid over his ripped out page from his notebook toward me with an 'x' marked in the middle of a three-by-three grid. Yes, we were playing tic-tac-toe. It's tradition.

"What was that, Giovanni?" Parkinson picked.

"What?" Daniel innocently lifted his head. I drew an 'o' and slid the paper back over to Daniel.

"You said something."

Daniel quickly scrawled his marking and slid it back to me. "Huh... no." He shook his head. "I don't think I did."

Parkinson looked at him for a moment before continuing his lesson form his seated position. And whenever anyone would mess about, go on their phones or talk, he'd reprimand us that it's our SAT scores that would be affected. I sighed and continued to play with Daniel, the two of us with our heads rested on the palm of our hands as our elbows rested on the table. After my winning streak of twice in a row, Daniel grew determined to break that streak. And when he did, he did not go about it so quietly.

"Yes! Booyah, I win!" He blew a raspberry in my face with his arms raised happily. At that point, I saw no reason to shut him up as he had already gathered everyone's attention. Mr Parkinson was annoyed on another level,his face paused like it was waiting to be captured onto a camera and used as a meme. "Giovanni always wins, HA!" I let him rub it in my face with a scrunched smile. Oh dear, Danny.

"Neil. Shut up," Alex hissed her glasses perched atop of her head as if they were sunglasses. She was definitely taking a nap.

"Babe no, you can't quieten my win. This is not fair. I deserve this win." Daniel shook his head and smiled at the piece of paper which held my two wins and one loss and his two losses and his one win.

"Okay fine, but-"

"Stop oppressing me or no sex for you." He tutted and I stifled my laughter as Alex's face grew irked by the second.

"Shut up, Daniel." She strictly spoke with her eyes wide before quieting down and saying, "we're in class." Alex saying his full name was enough for him to sober up and take notice of his surroundings again. And when he did, his face dropped and I couldn't help but burst out in laughter.

"Michelson, I'd stop if I were you. Lex looks like she's going to kill you." Adam claimed my attention by putting his hand over mine on my desk. That was me sobering up, awakened to the fact that we were practically holding hands. With Ben Blush out of the bag, I stopped laughing and found a new interest of the wooden marks on the desk.

"Detention, Giovanni." Parkinson droned in a bored tone as if it were routine for this to happen.

The class giggled and Daniel looked guilty for embarrassing Alex. He grimaced at the class, "Whoops, I love you Xan." He blew a kiss. Alex swatted it away and Wes took it upon himself to catch it and wink at Daniel for it.

"You're are so stupid." She sighed with her eyes shut in contempt like she didn't know why she puts up with him.

"I wont cut you off of sex?" He attempted weakly.