49.You Have No Idea How Long I've Been Waiting To Kiss You

||unedited||

F O R T Y N I N E:

"You look beautiful." David voiced. I smiled at him from the mirror and look at myself once more in the mirror and turned away.

I felt confident.

I smoothed down the sides of my dress, "thanks, you like?"

"My baby looks so wonderful!" Mom scurried into my room and held my hands, giving me a once over in awe. "You've grown up so fast." She hooked hands with David and the pair of them watched me with proud faces.

Smiling, I tilted my head to the side, "mom you're acting like I'm getting married or something."

"I didn't even know he asked you out. Don't you think it's a little too soon?" Belle cockily folded her arms and eyed me, "woah, you actually look nice."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"That it's rare you ever look... presentable."

"You rat."

"Belle, be nice please." David tutted half playful half stern.

Noah ran in after Stoney and his little eyes widened, "wow, you look so pretty!" Stoney barked overjoyed and ran circles around me.

"Hey, girlie," I ruffled her fur and she wagged her tail. I felt like I hadn't seen her in weeks. "Thank you, Noah." I smiled standing back up from petting my dog.

"You look like a princess." He blinked adorably and I decided to entertain the thought by elegantly twirling and bowing. I almost lost my footing, but I recovered quick - the only person who noticed was Belle. "Why thank you my kind sir." I bopped his nose.

"Adam is so go- wow, we got the whole gang here." Jamie walked into my room and I noticed just how crowded my room became. Everyone was here. "What do we think about her hair and makeup?" Jamie walked over to frame my face with her hand that wasn't in a sling which was full with cookies. I recoiled when cookie crumbs brushed my chin. "My master piece."

"You did a good job. She doesn't scare Noah anymore." Belle cackled as Stoney chased Noah out of the room.

"Hey, she's gorgeous on any day." Jamie stood up for me, "you guys literally look the same. If you're calling her unflattering then so are you, Belle." I folded my arms sticking out my tongue at Belle.

"Have a nice time, Aimee." David hugged me before leaving to answer a call from his client.

"Adam's taking you to this dance?" Mom asked.

Taking a seat on my bed, I looked up, "yes, mom. Like I told five times before. Yes." Mom's been so obsessed with the 'new gossip' (what she likes to call it) between Adam and I. She traded numbers with Adam's mom and they've been talking nonstop about us and I was worried about how heavily invested she was into the whole thing. Jamie didn't make things better when she taught mom what a ship name was. She started referring to Adam and I as Adiee and it literally sounded like she was talking about a whole other person.

"She so loves him." Belle snickered.

"Oh, you think I love him?" Evilly, I narrow my eyes at her. "Do you love him?" I would've paid to re-watch her reaction. Her face scrunched up, resembling a wrinkled tomato.

"Belle also likes him? I thought she-" Jamie notices mom and stopped herself, "is this a Michelson thing?"

"Adam is a wonderful boy," mom started, "but Belle, hunny, he's eighteen and you're fifteen."