19. Birthday princess (Part 1)

||unedited||

N I N E T E E N:

A few days passed and  Adam still questioned me on whether I was alright from the fall I took. No matter how many times I said I was fine he wouldn't take it and would constantly say, "they always say they're fine but they'll be silently plotting your death in their heads. Don't kill me, Michelson, I'm too hot to die so young."

I smiled, looking out of Alex's window in the front seat, thinking about Adam and his strange theory and rested my head against the cool glass in content.

"Woman, don't smudge my window." Alex warned. "You smudge, you clean the entirety of my car."

"Noted." I lifted my head off of her window and turned in my seat to face Alex as she drove.  "So, whatcha got planned for Danny's birthday?"

Alex smiled as she drove into the school parking lot, "I brought him a bunch of stuff, I got the whole group dinner planned for him at Dave and Busters."

"Dave and Busters?" I asked.

"Yeah, Neil loves that place." Alex removed her keys from her ignition after honking her horn at the crowd with Daniel in the middle of it. He looked over and waved happily at his girlfriend.

"Cute." Jamie awed smiling in my direction, having a telepathic short conversation with her through a single smile that read; 'they are so adorable and cute and I'm alone in the world. I'm totally going to die alone' that was more or less what she was trying to say to which I replied with a small smile that read, 'I feel you, me too'.

Alex rolled her eyes, not really liking being called cute, "come on, let's go."

Alex hopped out of the car and pushed her way through the crowd. The outer ring of the crowd was girls, still trying to get at Daniel after all the years of him being on and off with Alex. Some where still trying to get him, believing the had a chance, convinced that the one night they spent with Daniel when he and Alex weren't dating meant something. It didn't, but they're firm believers like that. The inner ring consisted of Adam, Wes and the rest of the team mates, clapping their hands on Daniels back and congratulating him.

Alex walked up to her boyfriend with a huge smile, the crowd giving way for her. I followed and stood beside the guys and Jamie. The crowd dispersed and scattered around in groups.

"Hey, there's my birthday princess!" She exclaimed, jumping into Daniel's outstretched arms and giving him a quick kiss.

"Here's my woman!" He cheered. "I'm eighteen, baby!"

"Yeah you are." She laughed. "Ooh, one second," Alex reached into her bag, "now what's a birthday princess without his tiara and sash to tell the world?" She rhetorically questioned and pulled out a baby pink sash and tiara that had pink and purple gems on them. Daniel loudly gasped with his hands covering his face in complete and utter joy it was adorable.

"Xan, you shouldn't have!" Daniel grabbed the sash and put it on without a second thought, the hot pink bedazzled, sparkly writing that read 'birthday princess' in cursive visible to everyone and it was so shiny, it was probably visible from outer space. Daniel squealed and did a twirl, "I love you, babe. How'd you know?" He giggled girlishly and I laughed at their banter.

"Because every princess needs one. Now for the official crowning." Alex announced and Daniel replied with a quiet gasp as if waiting for someone to call him out as prom queen. "Princess Aurora," Alex started holding up the tiara ready to place it on Daniel's head, "I now crown you the princess of my world and the apple of my eye." Daniel crouched down enough so Alex could place the tiara on his head which was way more bigger than the tiara.