23. As a Result Of Gerald McSpidey.

||unedited||

T W E N T Y  T H R E E:

"Owie!" Wes cried as he was pulled away on a gurney, up on all fours as it was too painful for him to lay down normally as mini shards poked out of his butt.

Wes demanded we call 911. And when no one made a move to do so, he used the little strength he had left, since he 'only had a few minutes left to live' -- his words not mine -- he pulled out his phone that also cracked when he jumped and let go of it, and called the ambulance, crying for dear life. He exaggerated his condition a lot and when the ambulance showed up, they were pretty confused.

"Alright, I'm a little confused, your friend told us he had a gunshot wound but we can't seem to locate one." The doctor questioned once Wes was wheeled away into the van.

"Yeah, he lied." Daniel scratched the back of his neck. "He was exaggerating. He jumped onto a glass table and well..."

"Wes is a little... dramatic that's all." Jamie defended.

"Gunshot wound?" I scoffed quietly to Adam who chuckled.

"Well, there's no major cuts, just a few minor ones. We'll take him down to the hospital to make sure it's nothing serious." The doctor informed.

Alex appeared back from the van, pinching her nose and trying very hard to stifle her laughter.

"THIS IS NOT FUNNY ALEX! I'M AN INJURED MAN, THAT'S NO WAY TO TREAT THE INJURED!" Wes' yell resonated throughout the neighborhood and Alex's huge mansion.

Alex slapped her knee and cackled loudly no longer being able to hold her laugh in.

"Alex, stop!" Jamie harshly whispered.

The doctor awkwardly clapped his hands, "Alright, we're going to take your friend to the hospital."

"I'll come with." Jamie concluded, "someone needs to be there for him."

"Yeah," Alex laughed, "because, 'owie!'" Alex rubbed her butt and poked her cheek whilst pouting , pretending to be Wes.

"Alex, come on he's hurt." Jamie rolled her eyes.

Alex and I looked to each other with the knowing smiles.

"Wes and Jamie..." I slowly started, swaying my head.

"Sittin' in a tree!" Alex, Daniel and Adam joined in. "K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" We belted out in harmony, Adam resting his arm on my shoulders, continuing to sing. I tried to join in but our proximity was too much to handle that I couldn't focus. As we went on, we could decipher Wes' pain filled voice singing along and Jamie's face grew red.

"Shut up!" She hissed before going to accompany Wes.

We waved the van off and walked back into the mansion.

"Anyone want a drink? Jenifer's wine cellar was just restocked." Alex led us into the humongous living room that was like the perimeter of the first floor in my house.

"Beer." Adam and Daniel said at the same time and winked at each other flirtatiously.

Alex opened three bottles of beer. "Aims?"

"Uhm..." I hummed unsure.

Alex's mom, Jenifer Tempest, was a huge alcohol fanatic, owning bottles and bottles of everything. The few times I've seen Jenifer, she always had a glass of vodka in her hands. She was a successful alcoholic businesswoman which meant she was never around. Alex stopped watering down the alcohol every time she'd take a drink, knowing Jenifer wouldn't ever notice. Alex had been living on her own for ages and at first, Jenifer would come every so often because she was still young, but the last time I saw her was when Alex has just turned sixteen. She has an older sister, but they were never close and she was almost thirty and lived somewhere else, Alex didn't care.