11. It's a date but it's not.

||unedited||

E L E V E N:

I began to grow anxious as the day went on and as the end of the school day neared because it meant it was time for Adam to get me ice cream. And throughout the day, whenever Adam would catch my gaze he would always bring it up and make me blush and always wink at me afterwards. This got people talking which I didn't necessarily enjoy. I preferred staying out of people's conversations.

I was in math when I ducked my head down upon hearing whispers of mine and Adam's names being passed when the door abruptly opened and stopped Miss Abrams' talking.

"How nice of you to show up, Adam Case." I looked up when I heard his name curiously.

Adam scanned the classroom, lingering on me before clearing his throat and turning to Miss Abrams, "Apologies but I was at practice." He handed Miss Abrams a yellow post-it note and excused himself to take a seat.

"No, stick to the seating chart," Miss Abrams halted Adam and scurried over to her computer, "Let's see where I put you, Mr Case...ah! You're sitting besides Aimee Michelson." She smiled tightly and gestured over to where I was sat and I was pretty sure the whispers started again but more than before as Adam smirked and strolled over to me.

"Hey, desk buddy." He greeted, plopping down onto his seat.

"Hi." I quietly replied and tried oh-so hard to concentrate on Miss Abrams but I couldn't with Adam sat next to me who always managed to make me nervous. The more Miss Abrams talked the more her words sounded like a series of "blah blah blah". I couldn't for the life of me understand why I was anxious when Adam was simply just doodling in his book and comprehending Miss Abrams words -- something which I was having a hard time doing.

"Alright, you can all do exercise three on page two-five-four whilst I finish some work on my computer. Light talking only." Miss Abrams instructed, smoothing down the sides of her pencil skirt and walking behind her desk.

"More like go on mymatch.com." Adam scoffed as he flipped through his textbook.

I stayed silent and decided I should have a go with the work set. Only problem was that I had no idea what to do. Instead, I settled on writing the question and blankly staring at it hoping that the answer would reveal itself if I stared long enough.

"You okay there, Michelson?" I jolted, surprised by Adam's voice after the long silence between us with only the hum of quiet chit chat as background noise. "Woah, you alright?"

Quickly composing myself in my mind, I turned my head slightly but not enough where we'd make eye contact and just blindly nodded completely irked at myself for being a scared, nervous weirdo. "Wha- hmm...mhmm, yes. Yep. Yeah. Yeah-ha. I- I'm... fine." I spluttered, matching the state my mind was in.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm A... Okay." I put my thumbs up and straight away regretted it and questioned my existence.

Adam laughed, "Maybe when you-"

"Hey, Adam." Both Adam and I looked up toward the new voice. "I was hoping if you could help me out on this question." She said a little louder than needed, most likely so Miss Abrams would hear and wouldn't tell her to go sit back down.

That, ladies and gentlemen, was Kara Thomas the most well known girl around. She had a pretty bad rep if you ask me, she was mostly known for her butt and how she grinds on guys and knows how to give them a good time. She's pretty much objectified all the time but she's really nice (well to me anyways). I felt bad, though, when she'd try to have a normal conversation but guys would just end up making sexual and hormonal comments, never taking Kara seriously.