21. Wes' type.

||unedited||

T W E N T Y O N E:

September rolled around in no time and the weather grew colder as the days progressed, stepping into the season of Fall. I shivered slightly, sighing as I entered the warmth of the huge house.

"Alex, you here?" I called into the large hallway, walking further into her house.

"Neil, could you just move out of my way, I need to grab the- no, stop!" I walked into the kitchen to see Alex and Daniel laughing in the middle as Daniel held out the wooden spoon for Alex to taste. I smiled at the sight of the happy couple, thinking about how they'd be exactly like this when they're older and married with kids.

"Hey guys," I greeted taking seat on the bar stool. "Whatcha making?"

Daniel and Alex turned to face me. Daniel sported a pink apron that looked like Princess Aurora's dress and a chef hat with a tiny crown sewn onto it in sequins smiling happily at me. Alex wore a simple apron with abs printed onto it and a dust of flour spewed atop of it. "Hey, Aims," Daniel greeted. "I'm making Nonna's famous Fettuccine Alfredo for y'all." Daniel gestured over to the stove top where he was working.

"I told him to make that pizza he made before that was real good, but no, he wanted to go all out." Alex rolled her eyes but she didn't sound annoyed.

Alex and Daniel were the perfect duo in the kitchen, Daniel cooked the meals and Alex baked the desserts. They shared their own secret recipes and Nonna's too, they had so many recipes that they could open up a restaurant -- they were that great. Alex would sometimes help Daniel out with tedious meals he'd make and Daniel would help out Alex rarely because all he did was eat everything. 

"Have anything I can munch on in the mean time?" I asked, my stomach rumbling as a response to the wondrous smell of the cooking.

"Here, I made some bread rolls." Alex pushed a basket of bread rolls in front of me and I immediately began stuffing them in my mouth.

"So what are you making, Lex?" I questioned, my mouth stuffed with a bread roll. I think I resembled a chipmunk at that moment.

"I made some chocolate and Oreo truffles because I could. They're in the refrigerator setting. And I'm just finishing off the frosting for this funfetti cake." Alex pointed over to the colorful sponges neatly stacked on top of each other and I felt a little drool come out of my mouth.

"Oh my gosh, look at all of those sprinkles..." I commented, dazed and obsessed with the cake. "Do you have any sprinkles left-"

"I saved some for you," Alex slid over a small bowl of sprinkles and I shrieked happily.

"Xan, no, it's going to spoil her dinner that I've slaved away making!"

"But she likes them, let her have it, it's not even that much, Neil. Chill." Alex resumed to frosting her cake and wavering a hand at Daniel who stood there disappointed.

"Aimee, save that for dessert." Daniel instructed with his hands on his hips.

I pursed a smile, "it's kinda hard to take you serious when you're dressed like that, Danny."

Daniel looked down at his apron, "I'm dressed as a princess Aims, you can't take me seriously because I'm dressed up as an inspirational woman for little kids? You misogynistic piece of-"

I stifled my laugh and shook my head, "no no, Danny. Come on, I didn't mean it like that."

"Put away the sprinkles for later, Aims."