54. Leather Jacket

||unedited||

F I F T Y F O U R:

Everything seemed to have cooled down a little. No more brawls and no more arguments. But it was different. I don't think it would ever go back to the way it was but one could pray like heck it would.

Adam has apologized profusely to me and I forgave him because I couldn't stay mad at him. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't. He's Adam Sexy Case for crying out loud. Everything with Adam and I was slowly going back to the way it was with the butterflies and Benjamin making complete fool of me.

However, it seemed every time I thought everything would be alright, the universe would flip the bird at me and doing the exact opposite and laugh about it.

I was in Miss Abrams' math class, neatly setting out my stationary still waiting for Adam to arrive. There was a new transfer student, whatever that meant, and Miss Abrams was busy introducing him.

"Would you like to say a few things about yourself, Mr Abel?" She asked him. I looked up for a second to see the new student was a guy and claimed the attention of every single girl in the class. My pencils rolled off of my table and I go to pick it up as he introduced himself.

"I'm Tate Abel, the accent is British. I'm from England, I'm eighteen and no, I'm not related to Harry Styles." He said and the girls fawned but I stared at him in confusion, with a feeling I couldn't quite pin point. Did I know him?

"Take a seat, Mr Abel. And everyone open your textbooks to page five-one-three, chapter forty seven." He looked around the classroom and when his eyes stopped to mine, realization covered his face as if he knew me.

Huh? Wait, do I know him?

He walked over with a smirk. He walked over to me. Me. Why me?

"Is this seat taken?" He said with his accent.

"Uh-"

"Great." And he sat down in Adam's seat.

"Someone does sit there..."

"Yeah, me." He answered. "Cute stationary." He leaned over and grabbed my pink glittery pencil and played with it in his hands, amused. He smelt like summer. But where did I know that from?

I snapped my fingers and pointed at him."You're the guy from the New Years party! You're leather jacket." He raised his brows. "I didn't know your name and you wore a leather jacket..." I shrugged and Ben Blush put on his blood red leather jacket. The feeling was a feeling of familiarity.

"Did you eventually go inside?" He asked.

"Huh?"

"The house with the green door. Did you finally go inside?" He questioned.

"The house with the..."

*

"Just go in already."

Yeah, Aimee. Listen to yourself- what?

I turned around and looked at the other side of the road. There stood a guy with a leather jacket leaning against a silver impala with his arms folded, staring right at me. I squinted a little to get a better look. From what I could see, he was hot. I couldn't see his eyes thanks to the shades he wore. Who whore sunglasses in the winter?

He smirked, "stop looking at me and go in already." What the hell was up with his accent? What part of the states was that? With that, he got into his car and drove off leaving me heavily puzzled.