30. Food Drunk

||unedited||

T H I R T Y:

"Did you just... eat my fries?" Alex's voice was low and dangerous as she stared at her boyfriend who licked off the red salt from his fingers.

"I'm hungry." He whined.

"Well I asked you before and you said you were fine!" Alex yelled, slapping away his hand that made a move to her food again.

"But that was before!"

"Oh my lord, Neil. We're going to fight one day."

"You should know by now to get me food anyways. I'm Italian. One second I'm full and the next I'm hungry because I smell good food." He reasoned.

"It's not my job to analyse your sentences, Neil, you either want something or not." Daniel rolled his eyes and turned to me. "Can I have some of your fries, Aims? I'll love you forever."

"Uhm, no." I muttered, scarfing down my fries and slightly moving them away from his reach. Daniel groaned. "You should've said you wanted some before."

During lunch, we were allowed to leave to get food -- it only applied to Seniors and Juniors -- so Alex went out to get food for everyone. Daniel asked for a mini burger and after Alex asked over and over if he was sure that was all he wanted, he replied with the "I'm really not hungry" line so Alex brought back everyone's food. Five minuets later, Daniel had finished his burger and was hungry.

"Hey Danny, look," Wes called, waving a bunch of fries in his hands side-to-side in a teasing manner. Daniel furrowed his brow before leaping half of his body across the table and snatching away the fires Wes used to taunt him with and stuffed them in his mouth. Wes frowned and stared at his empty hand that had fries in it seconds ago and then stared at a smiling Daniel. "El Diablo!"

"Come on, I have a game today, I need a bunch of food in my system. And I'm hungry." Daniel continued to whine into the silence of everyone eating their food.

"Oh my gosh, Neil." Alex huffed in exasperation before picking up the brown paper bag that had all our meals in it. She peered inside the bag then stuffed her hand inside and pulled out a burger box which she tossed at Daniel. "Eat it and shut up."

"You had this the whole time and you're just giving it to me now?" He gasped.

"I was saving it for myself. But you're disturbing me from eating. So shut up." And with that, Daniel didn't speak another word.

*

"Have I ever mentioned how much I love you, Xan?" Daniel sighed happily slurping his drink and fluttering his lashes at Alex who looked up from her Harry Potter book to blankly stare at him. "I love you." He bopped her nose and Alex recoiled in disgust.

"What the heck?"

"Oh, he's food drunk." Adam commented.

"Not again." Alex groaned. "Stay away from me, Neil. Or I will pull out my wand and disarm you." She warned, clearly fully invested into her book.

"Oh, was that an innuendo?" Daniel giggled. "Damn, woman."

Alex pulled a face and backhand slapped Daniel. "Snap out of it!" But Daniel didn't. "Aimee please switch places with me I can't."

"Sure." I agreed. "Anything to get some of your cookies and love?" I looked at her, hopeful.

"Take it all." Alex handed me the container and stood up to switch seats.