33. Birthday Party

||unedited||

T H I R T Y T H R E E:

As soon as it hit two pm, Alex texted me to get Adam back just as we finished off our third bowl of ice cream at the mall food court.

When we had arrived at the mall,  Adam made me throw a penny into the fountain before dragging me to get his favorite food court food; a large slice of greasy pizza. And after that, he wanted dessert again. So as we ate our shared bowl of vanilla and chips for the third time that day.

I quickly texted Alex an "okay" before placing a spoonful in my mouth.

"Awh, man!" I pouted as some of the ice cream dropped down onto my top. "This is just great." I huffed and put down my phone and grabbed all the napkins on the table.

"I've finally seen it all." Adam laughed. "Aimee Michelson at her best." He pointed at me with his plastic spoon and I frowned as Ben Blush sadly emerged. "Don't rub it in, Michelson. Pat it." He suggested and I paused from rubbing the stain to glare at Adam.

"Great." I muttered, staring down at the stain in annoyance.

"Hey what's that?" Adam pointed toward my shirt and I braced myself for more embarrassment.

"What?" I looked down, unable to see anything but the first stain.

"There," He leaned over the table to point at my shirt.

"I don't see anything-" I stopped and stared blankly at Adam who snorted and laughed after flicking my face. "Ha ha. Very funny." Adam nodded, clapping his hands and I shook my head. My phone buzzed again and this time it was from Daniel.

Daniel:
get your butt over here.

Daniel:
And don't forget Adam!

I rolled my eyes and decided to not reply, knowing that it would annoy Daniel because he's aware that I've seen them.

"What do you say we go back to Lex's." I offered, knowing there was no way I could've suggested it smoothly.

Adam simply grinned. "Oooh, I wonder why." He said knowingly. "Okay, sure. Let's go." I giggled at him acting as if he wasn't aware of what they were planning for him and paid for our food. It took a while for Adam to cave and let me pay. But once I paid, I followed his speed walking out of the mall.

Adam lazily rested his arm around me and I tried not to overthink it.

Just an arm. Just a random human limb. Nothing to think about. I have two, he has two.

"T-Swift?" I asked to bring myself away from my thoughts.

"T-Swift." He confirmed.

—-

"Ah! Throwback!" Adam sobbed, rubbing at his eyes as Tear Drops On My Guitar finished, pulling up to Alex's mansion. I laughed at him and leaned over to rub his shoulder. "Great. I'm a wreck and there's probably a bunch of people in there waiting to scream surprise. Has my mascara leaked?" Adam asked turning to look at me straight on and struggled to keep a straight face as I laughed.

"Come on, Adam." I get out and walked over to his side. I glanced a quick look over to the house to see Wes' face in the window before he shrieked and quickly shut the blinds. I chuckled and pulled open Adam's door seeing as he was distracted by his phone. "Come on."

"Oh, how chivalrous of you!" Adam gushed and held out his hand for me. I reluctantly grabbed it, ignoring my fast pulse and helped him out.

"Only for you, Madame."