18. Sleepwalking

||unedited||

E I G H T E E N:

Clumsily, I dragged my way to homeroom and quickly attempted to shake off the sleep that cloaked my eyes and made me drowsy. I had to stay up all night because Noah caught strep throat along with an ear infection and mom was out of town with a client, David was working late on a case and Belle was being an annoying immature ass who refused to help with anything that wouldn't benefit her. Rat.

"Miss Michelson, take a seat." Morello instructed from his desk with his feet propped up on his desk as he played with a baseball.

I nodded silently and trudged my way to the back of the classroom where my friends were.

"Where'd you go, Aims?" Alex questioned, looking up from her book. She was resting on Daniel's chest with her glasses sat on her nose, reading her book as Daniel played with her hair.

"I was walking and then I got lost." I explained as best as I could in a way that slightly made sense.

"You got lost?" Alex raised a brow.

"Aims, you've been here since freshmen year how'd you get lost?" Jamie spoke with a tone of worry in her voice.

"Yeah, I think I was sleep walking." I lazily said, scratching my head as I tried to keep my eyes open.

"Sleep walking?" Alex and Daniel asked in unison.

"Yeah, sleep walking!" Wes said before ducking his head down and looking to Jamie, "what are we talking about?" He asked confused.

"Shhh, Weston. Be quiet." Jamie hummed and patted his shoulder.

I shrugged, " I was up all night taking care of Noah. He's ill." I dragged my way to my seat where Adam sent me a curious look.

"Awe, poor Noah, is he alright?" Jamie pouted.

"I mean, he's ill so no not really." I replied before no longer having the strength to hold my head up and dropped my head down onto the table.

"Let me drive you home, Aimee. You're clearly not fit to be here." Alex offered.

"What about you?" Jamie questioned.

"Eh, I think I'm up for skipping today."

"Babe no! You can't leave me alone." Daniel gasped.

I rested my head up slightly, "no, it's cool... I can... I can get through today." And then my head dropped again.

--

The buzz of chatter, lockers slamming shut and footsteps slowly bring me out of my slumber. I slowly opened my eyes to be met with a blue sweater that smelled really really good. I blinked a few more times and shook my head.

"Oh good you're awake." I looked around and was met with the face of Adam Case.

"Wha- what's going on?" I mumbled.

"Well you fell asleep but then you wouldn't wake up and we have the same class so I decided to carry you because I'm a gentleman like that; you're welcome, Michelson." Adam smiled and looked back up to see where he was going.

My body froze in realization.

Oh. My. Days.

Adam Case was carrying me.

Adam Case. Was carrying. Me.

"I-"

"This is our stop." Adam declared and gently settled my feet down onto the floor. "You're welcome, m'lady." He tipped his imaginary top hat and winked.