5. With Adam

||unedited||

F I V E:

For the remainder of the day at the beach, I spent it with Adam. Surprising, I know. I would have never expected that, out of everyone I would be spending my day with Adam— and that it'd go so well that I'd have fun.

We spent quite a long time in the ice cream shoppe just talking and I can't remember the last time I laughed so much. I was also blown away that Adam Case had a good and golden sense of humor.

After a few hours in the ice cream shoppe I thought I could give him a piggy back so we left to see if I was right. I wasn't. I'm not as buff as I figured I was. We settled on switching roles and I hopped on his back and he ran down the beach, twirling me around.

"It's really hot." I huffed, taking a seat next to Adam on the bench.

"It's me, baby." He winked and I'm not going to lie, I got flustered. We're talking cheeks all red and at a loss for actual words.

I don't know why exactly I did get flustered... maybe it was because a hot guy was sat beside me, shirtless and just winked at me AND called me baby. Still, I mentally slapped myself upside the head for being such an idiot whilst he was looking at me.

"I want ice cream, how 'bout you Michelson? Up for another round?"

"Sure. With cheese and onion chips?"

"You know it."

"Let's go then."

We make our way back to the ice cream shoppe and somehow, Adam's arm found its away around my shoulders and I tried as hard not to show any reaction and tried my utmost best to not buckle at my knees.

"Are you ticklish?" Adam asked as we entered the cold shoppe, noticing my fidgeting.

I pursed my lips and turned my head to look at him, not sure if I should answer. "Why..." I cautiously said to which he shrugged. "No I'm not, don't try anything." I warned and for an extra measure, I sunk my neck into my shoulders.

Of course, I was stupid enough to believe he'd listen and instead his fingers attacked my neck making me splutter into fits of laughter. I coughed to try and pretend that I wasn't laughing. "Adam! Stop it, look, it's our turn to order."

He paused and looked to see if it was true and then stopped but not before giving me an extra extra tickle. "So much for not ticklish, eh?" He whispered. I rolled my eyes in response and slapped his hand.

"Hey, welcome to Jo's Ice Cream Shoppe. Would you like to place your pick of our ice creams?" It was the same girl again who looked to me then to Adam and then back to me.

"One large bowl of vanilla ice cream please— oh shoot I forgot the chips. I'll be right back." And just like before, Adam rushed out of the store, leave me with the girl again.

She smiled kindly before grabbing the large paper bowl and filling it with vanilla ice cream and then coming back to the counter. "Toppings?"

"No, thanks."

"Syrup?"

"No thank you."

Oh my, it was so awkward. I hated it. This is why I always make someone else place an order because I'm just too awkward. Oh lord. Save me.

"Not your boyfriend?" She humorously said, jutting her chin in the direction of where Adam ran off.

Immediately, my face exploded with red. Of course she'd think we're dating, she just saw that whole ordeal of him attacking me. And that whisper! "No, I swear he's not. We're just friends of friends. Platonic, I swear. I'd never date him."