3. Flavorcist

||unedited||

T H R E E:

"Do you have a favorite flavor?" He questioned once we reached the ice cream place. Now that question I could answer. "Mint," I answered happily to which he scoffed at.

"Of course," he rolled his eyes and I furrowed my brows. "If you want mint flavored anything then chew gum, it's basically why it was created."

"Well it's not cold."

"Then put it in the fridge, smarty pants."

"Have you even tried mint ice cream?"

"Yes. Once. And I hated it."

"You clearly haven't tried the right one, Adam. Don't flavor shame. It's the twenty first century we should all be flavor neutral. Flavorcism is a big no-no in my house." I wagged my finger at him. Adam cocked his head to the side with a humored smile and chuckled.

"You're weird." He commented which made my brain freeze. I never really knew how to respond to the very frequent comment I always received. A moment passes before I finally say something, "we-... You're weird, Adam... a-sa... Sssssmith!"

As a reply, Adam blankly stared at me in an 'are you serious' type of way. "We've known each other for years and you still don't know my second name? Are you kidding, Aimee?" He folded his arms unbelievably.

Just before I was going to apologize profusely for being horrible and not knowing his surname, I paused. "Aimee, what?" I decided to challenge. And if he did get it, then I'd feel even more horrible for not bothering to remember his second name.

"What?" Confusion flooded his face and creased his brows.

"You said Aimee." I slowly said.

"Uhm... yeah." He answered, having no idea where I was going with this.

"Aimee what, Adam? What's my second name?" His long silence was enough for me to mimic him and slowly cross my arms with a knowing victory grin.

"Hey, no, I know your second name. Of course I do!"

"Mhmm okay."

"You're name is Aimee...." he continued to stretch the 'e' sound. "...eeeeeeeeeee,"

And then I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited with the 'e' sound still going on.

"...eeeeeeeeeeeee James!"

"No," I tutted. "It's not but ha! You got offended when I didn't know your second name but you don't even know mine. What a hypocrite!"

"Well played." He huffed.

"Enchante!" I laughed, "it's Michelson by the way."

"Ahh, of course." He nodded. "Case. Adam Case."

"Huh, okay. Well I guess Case solved, ain't that right Mr Case?" He rolled his eyes at my weak attempt of a joke but smiled nonetheless.

"So what are you getting?" Adam asked as we neared the ice cream store.

"You already know, Adam."

"Right, mint. Disgusting and disgraceful, Michelson."

"Stop being so flavorcist!"

Adam held his hands up in surrender and rolled his eyes, "fine whatever woman."