14. Girl-talk Gossip

||unedited||

F O U R T E E N:

Once Alex had parked her car in the driveway, Belle hopped out and as soon as she shut the door, Alex and Jamie turned to face me in the backseat looking like they wanted more info.

"What, aren't we getting out?" I questioned feeling slightly wary of the way they were silently looking at me.

"We've still got like five minutes to kill." Alex answered.

"Yeah and we didn't finish our conversation." Jamie shifted slightly to fully face me.

"Oh no, guys I don't want to-" I cried only to get shut up by Alex.

"So you and Adam have been texting?" Jamie started, skipping the part where I'd complain for a good second before caving so I fell back onto the seat and slide down. "Come on Aims."

"Okay fine, yes! We have been texting." I admitted. "There, you happy? Are we done?"

"And he's why you've been laughing at your phone, not a meme!" Jamie concluded with an accusing finger.

"I knew it. Aims never looks at memes unless we send them." Alex noted, "and who the heck blushes from memes?"

"Awh heck, you really like Adam." Jamie smiled hardly once she noticed the blush rising.

Lord, I need to stop blushing.

"Not only that, Adam likes you too." Alex pursed her lips. I sat up in my seat, shocked, "What? What do you mean? How would you know?"

"Oh, Aimee it's pretty obvious now that I think back to it." Alex sat back in her seat ready to list off everything on her fingers but before I could hear it, a hand knocked on Alex's window before a jean wearing butt was pressed against it, shaking it proudly. Alex slowly rolled down her window with an amused look. "Why, now I know that ass from anywhere." Alex whacked the butt, "my princess!" He turned around and rested his elbows on the frame of her window with a smile, "hey Xan," he pecked her cheek, "you look- wait is that my hoodie?"

Alex looked down at her hoodie, "huh, I guess it is. Wow, I have no idea how it got here." Daniel rolled his eyes and smiled at his girlfriend before he took notice of Jamie and I in the car with her.

"Hey guys, did you like my show?" He greeted.

"Nice butt you got there, Danny." Jamie laughed to which Daniel bowed.

But me, I did not find it amusing. Okay maybe it was slightly amusing but I was kinda pissed at the timing Daniel had, because that meant I was left to my own thoughts, trying to figure out the little clues that would mean Adam liked me but as always, I came up with nothing and Alex was so close to telling me if it wasn't for, "Daniel." I forced out with my eyes narrowed.

"Hey Aims, you dressed up nice today. Why the glum look?"

"We were in the middle of a conversation that you interrupted."

"Oh well by all means, carry on, I'll be quiet." Daniel raised his hands in surrender.

"It was private." I told him. Alex craned her neck to look at me with a knowing face.

"Oh she wants me to tell her about-"

"Alex! That's private." I warned.

"Honey, he probably already knows." Alex stated but still, I shook my head.

"Know what? Tell me, tell me." Daniel begged, "I wanna know!" Daniel rushed to open the backseat door and hopped in, "okay, now tell me." Daniel clasped his hands together excitedly awaiting the news.