40. There's no Z in Isaac

||unedited||

F O R T Y:

"ZAC!" I shrilled attacking my brother into a hug. He chuckled and hugged me back.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"I thought you weren't coming until later."

"Why do you not want me here? I can go if you-"

"No, no I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that." I quickly said.

"Jesus, Aims. It's a joke." Alex shook her head at me.

Zac looked up from me to look to Alex and smiled, "Alex Montez."

"Isaac." She replied.

"You got hotter. Didn't think that was possible."

"You got even more flirty. Didn't think that was possible." Alex folded her arms and looked him all over with a calculating look, uninterested with his flirtatious behavior.

"So," Zac hummed. "You single?"

"You wish." Alex scoffed. "Jealous?"

"Definitely. Lucky guy."

"Are you done, Zac? Can you not?" I huffed.

There was always something going on between Zac and Alex. Zac was always trying to shoot his shot but Alex was devoted to Danny — even when they weren't even together she'd always shut Zac down. They'd always flirt back and forth, most of it would just be Alex humoring Zac for entertainment. But Zac wasn't one to complain.

"Xanny poo, where are you?" Danny's voice traveled through the hallway until he was right behind Alex. His hands automatically wrapped around Alex's waist and Alex automatically held onto his arms.

"Did you just call me Xanny poo?" She raised her hand to his forehead. "Are you sick or something? You should lie down."

Daniel smiled at his worried girlfriend and wordlessly kissed her cheek, "I love you." He hugged her closer to him, "you're so cute when you're all worried."

I looked to Zac who watched this whole thing silently before clearing his throat. "So this is the lucky guy, huh?" Daniel looked up confused. He didn't even notice Zac and I there. Only then taking note of our presence. "It's still Daniel." Zac said.

"Isaac. You just got here?" Daniel asked trying to hide the subtle hint of green on his face.

"Yeah man."

"Still trying to steal this wonderful woman?"

"A man can only try."

"Give it a rest, Isaac." Alex rolled her eyes. "Aims tell your brother to take a hint or I'll punch him."

"ISAAC!" Noah's high pitched voice yelled. He carried his little feet over to the front door and he launched himself into Zac's arms.

"Hey, little bro." Zac smiled. "I missed you. You've grown so big. Wow."

"Isaac?" Mom called. "Why are you all blocking him from entering. Come on in, honey." Mom shooed us all away from the door and welcomed Zac in.