66. Aimam or Adiee

||unedited||

S I X T Y  S I X:

The days grew warmer as Summer arrived, shining brightly down at the world upon entering May which brought nothing but joy to my face. I love Summer. Everything was increasingly becoming much better for me. The nights had gotten easier to sleep through, the flashbacks and triggers had decreased a good amount and Adam and I were stronger than ever. There were moments where we'd almost kiss but I guess I still wasn't that ready to let it happen yet. I thought he'd be offended, but his reaction was the complete opposite; he was so understanding about it all and I so wanted to kiss him but I couldn't. He would always greet me with a gentle kiss on my right cheek which was the equivalent feeling to a Hershey's kiss chocolate melting in your mouth and smoothly slipping down your throat. Kara and I were back on good terms, if not, better terms than before the only tense moments in passing were when Tina would tell me terrifyingly descriptive ways in how she'd ruin Danny.

They were quite grim.

The song 'My Best Friend's Brother' by Victoria Justice brought me away from sun gazing from my seat under a tree in the school's field to fixating on Jamie's phone on the grass.

"It's Lex." She picked it up, smiling and proceeded to sing the lyrics to her ringtone, "Yeah-eeh, yeah-eeh, yeah-eeh, yeah yeah. My best friend's brother is the one for me! Hey, Alex... yeah, why would I change it? I think the song is quite fitting for you." Jamie rolled her eyes and laid down on her back.

"Tell her I say hey and I miss her!" I informed, flicking Jamie's leg.

"Hey, you know I had cancer! Don't hit me, I'm fragile. Shut up, Lex."

"Hey, Michelson." I turned away from my best friend, tilting my head up and squinting to get a better look. He stood in front of me, blocking the light and acting as additional shade.

"Hey, got tired of throwing the football around?"

"No," He moved to take a seat beside me. "I got tired of missing you." It seemed that Ben Blush had his own personal sun that happened to be shining down harshly at him and quite literally frying him. "Yeah, I missed that." He chuckled, lightly swiping his index finger down my inflamed cheeks before he leaned in to kiss it, automatically earning a sigh from me.

"You know what would be really nice right now?" I asked, relaxing against the tree with my eyes closed, letting the sun rays smother my face, my hands subconsciously finding their way to Adam's and interlocking with his.

"What?"

"Some ice creams and chips." I turned to take a look at his face, his eyes also shut and smiling at the mention of the ice cream. "Don't you think?"

His eyes fluttered open. "Definitely. What do you say to getting some after school?"

"Of course."

"You're so mean!" Jamie yelled into the phone.

"Alex?" Adam queried and I nodded. "How is she doing?"

"She's alright. She's only a text or call away you know." I bumped my shoulder to his and he pursed his lips.

"I know, but I just didn't think she'd want to hear from me." He shrugged.

"Adam, she's not mad at you." I told him. "She's your best friend too, she could never stay mad."

"Yeah, you're right."

A few weeks ago, when Jamie and I were over at Alex's house, Adam had come bustling in screaming desperately for Alex's help. He practically instructed her to go and talk to Danny, knowing that she was the only one he'd listen to. This only set Alex off, and they entered into a screaming match; Alex refusing to deal with any of his business stating it was no longer her business and never was; and Adam begging for her to just talk to him to make him stop fighting again, and out of angst, he spat a few harsh comments about everything between the two.