31. Broken Nose Noel

||unedited||

T H I R T Y  O N E:

It was a day after the game, Alex was driving Jamie and I to school and she was still fuming over Jason Noel's nerve on making me cry. Light rain tapped the windows paired with the harshness of winds that seethed as we drove, reminding me that summer was no longer.

"And that Kara, ugh I never liked her. She just looks... like an ass." Alex spat, as she smoothly parked her car. "I can't believe her."

We all exited the car and Alex angrily locked her car before following Jamie and I into the school building and to our lockers.

"It's fine." I shrugged, shakily breathing out.

"No it isn't. Who the heck do they think they are?"

"Hey, guys!" Wes greeted.

"Why does my girlfriend look mad?" Daniel asked. "Did I so something wrong?" He asked Jamie and I to which we both shook our heads to. Jason Noel's obnoxious laugh sounded through the hallway and Alex's head immediately snapped in his direction. "Oh, he's going to get it." Alex lowly growled, his laugh being the last straw for her.

"No no, Adam already-" But I was too late.

She stormed toward Jason who walked smugly with his friends and a girl on his arm.

"Hey, Alex-" Jason Noel did not see it coming. At all.

Alex drew her fist back and aimed for his nose and an audible crunching noise sounded the second her fist connected with his nose and we all winced at the sound. His nose was already bruised and swollen thanks to Adam. And now, his nose was broken.

"What the fuck?!" He yelled, holding his nose whilst the blood heavily dripped.

"You know, I figured punching you for Jamie that first time was a clear enough message to stay away from her and Aims. And I was very very clear that I would make sure to leave a permanent mark if there was a next time. So enjoy your broken nose. Breathe next to Aimee again and I will do more." She spat. "Fucking ass." She walked back casually as if she didn't just silence and scare the whole hallway and we all stared with frightened faces.

"Lex, Adam already punched him." I told her.

She shrugged, "Double beating is proven to be more effective." Alex cracked her knuckles before rubbing at them to get rid of the blood that stained them, revealing her black and blue knuckles.

"Alex!" My eyes widen at her knuckles that I had only then noticed.

"What, it's nothing."

"Damn, Lex. That was hot." Adam complimented, slinging his arm around my shoulders.

Alex liked to take out all her feelings on a punching bag. On her off days, she'd have a good boxing session ultimately bruising her knuckles. She didn't really care though, because she felt better after it all and said she couldn't feel the bruising. There's rarely ever a time I'd see her without heavily or slightly bruised knuckles. She had been pretty clear during the summer, up until her absence.

To her, it was nothing.

But I still worried.

The hallway was in complete silence, people looking to Alex and then to Jason Noel in shock. Daniel was the first to break the silence with a slow clap. "That my girlfriend!" He proudly yelled and went to give Alex a side hug. "You make me proud!" He smiled and kissed her forehead, then cheeks, nose and then quickly pecked her lips, knowing Alex didn't like any public display of affection.

Jason Noel cussed loudly before his buddies ushered him to the school nurse.

"What is going on here?!" A loud voice of authority shrilled through the halls. All the students immediately went back to their business, resuming their conversation. Alex turned around and opened her locker, nonchalantly and pulled out a bunch of her books. Vice Principal Cole stomped around, searching the students faces for any tell tale signs. His eyes stopped on Adam who mindlessly scrolled through his phone. His arm was still around me. "Adam Case."

"Hey, Cole." Adam lazily smiled, pocketing his phone in his back pocket.

"Vice Principal Cole." He glowered, emphasizing his title. "And I bet you have something to do with this commotion, don't you. So spit it out, what have you done this time?"

Adam threw his had back. "Jesus, dude. Nothing. Can't I jam out to Tay-Tay in peace?"

Vice Principal Cole grunted in annoyance, "when I find out -- and I will -- you will be off the football team,  Adam Case if I find you as guilty when I check the security cameras."

Adam rolled his eyes, "whatever. You'll find me innocent, Cole."

"Vice Principal Cole." He growled. "Everybody get to class! Now!" Cole gave Adam once last look, to which he cheekily waved him off as he walked away to his office.

"Well," Alex breathed. "Thanks, Lover boy." She patted his shoulder and walked to class knowing that Cole will catch her breaking Jason Noel's nose.

"How you doin', Michelson?" Adam chuckled and looked down at me with a smile.

Ben Blush has entered the building.

"I guess it's become a thing for everyone to punch Noel for me." I joked.

"We love you like that." He winked and Ben Blush was quaking. "You're adorable." Adam laughed as we both moved to class and past Kara Thomas and Tina who both glowered at Adam's arm around me. I responded by giggling girlishly whilst mentally cringing at my decision to do so and having to carry on my giggle. Adam smirked and shook his head.

UNEDITED*