58. Slut In The Men's Restroom

||unedited||

F I F T Y  E I G H T:

"Tate is picking you up?" Mom asked, placing another slice of toast on my plate.

"Yeah." Mom had a look on her face. "You never said anything about not being allowed to get a ride."

"True. But what about Alex?" Mom rushed over to Noah who spilled his glass of milk. "Noah, I told you to be careful."

"Sorry, Mom."

"Alex hasn't been in for a while." I munched in my piece of toast, "and when she is in, she doesn't tell me so I don't know."

"Is she alright?" Mom creased her brows, cleaning the spilled milk. "Have you guys talked lately?"

"I did! I sent her a video." Noah proudly smiled. "Did she reply?"

She didn't. "Yeah, she said she misses you too." In fact, she hadn't even opened the message.

"Hey, Mom. Where's David?" Belle lazily walked into the kitchen with a basketball in hand and her bag dragging along the floor.

"He's at work. And your breakfast has gone cold." Mom shoved a plate into Belle's hand after she finished wiping the milk away.

"Sorry, someone used all the hot water." Belle glared at me.

"It wasn't me."

"It was me, sorry." Mom shrugged. "You ate my pizza rolls, you can't be mad."

Belle threw her head back, "but you put me on kitchen duty!"

"I'm your mother. I can do what I want." Belle groaned and Mom went over to kiss her cheek to which Belle only groaned even more at. "I love you."

"Hey, Belle, you want a ride with me to school?" I asked, Belle stuffed her toast into her hands and a banana and looked to me. My phone buzzed, "he's here."

"Adam?" Belle asked.

"Tate."

"Who's Tate?" Noah asked.

"Tate is Aimee's boyfriend." Mom excitedly told Noah who's face scrunched.

"He's not."

We all made our way to the front of the house, staring at Tate in his car and my heart fluttered. He honked his horn and waved a hand at us.

"You coming, Belle?"

Belle narrowly looked at the car and took a bite of her toast, "I'll walk."

We still hasn't talked properly after her outburst in the middle of our walk back from the hospital.

"Does he like PAW Patrol?"

Rain lightly started to drizzle and Belle noticed, walking back into the house to get her umbrella and I frowned. "But you'll be late."

"Does he?" Noah jumped, holding onto his PAW Patrol bag.

"I'm not sure he knows what it is, Noah." His face dropped.

"Have a good day at school." Mom kissed the side of my head and Belle pushed past me and out of the house. "Remember you're making sure Belle does her homework after school. YOU BETTER BE HOME, ISABELLE!"

"Bye, Mom. Bye, Noah." I hugged Noah and walked off to Tate's car.

Belle had stopped at the car and his window was rolled down.

What was she saying?

I didn't get there in time to hear their conversation, Belle had already stormed off and Tate had his brow arched in amusement.