34. Ben and Britney Blush

||unedited||

T H I R T Y F O U R:

"Boo!" I yelled loudly as Wes shut his locker, making him jump up in a fright and drop his math books. They landed on his feet which oely made him jump up higher.

"Aimee!" Wes squelched hopping as he grabbed a hold of his left foot.

I cackled loudly but dropped down to quickly pick up his books for him. "You gotta be ready for the jump scares, Wes. Get into the Halloween spirit." I offered him his books and he glared, placing down his injured foot, angrily taking his books.

Daniel and Alex stood beside Wes. "Hey, what's up with you?" Daniel chirped, patting Wes on the shoulder.

"She's at it again." Wes grumbled. "Cut it out, Aimee. I injured my foot, Danny!" He whined.

"You should know by now, Wes; don't turn your back on Aimee around Halloween. Unless you want a lump on your head like last year." Alex reprimanded, playfully elbowing me.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that." I laughed and went to pat him only for Wes to flinch. "Here." I grabbed a bag of candy from my bag and handed it over to Wes who instantly grews a smile, eagerly taking the candies.

"All is forgiven, Aims!"

"Hey." Adam greeted and I froze in my spot and mind. Everyone murmured a "hey". He smiled, stuffing his hand into his pocket and looked around the group. My heart stopped when his eyes met mine, unaware of what would happen. "Hey, Michelson." He smiled sweetly and Ben Blush responded with a cloud of red.

"Uh... hi-llo." I answered and mentally face palmed.

Ever since the kiss at Adam's party, things between us had become... different. It was slightly awkward but sweet. I didn't know whether or not to address the situation of the kiss. Maybe Adam was too drunk and couldn't remember. Maybe he's just good at playing sober when he's drunk?

"Hillo?" Alex snorted.

"Yeah, I started to say hi but then I wanted to say hello." I shrugged hoping I wouldn't look more like an idiot.

"Wow, Adam Case. So she gets a personal greeting and we don't? What even are we to you?" Wes huffed, appalled and shook his head.

Adam did nothing but chuckled and looked to me.

"Hey! Are we all ready for the Halloween party?" Jamie announced shaking her hands in excitement.

"Yeah! My outfit is going to beat all of yours!" I matched her excitement. "I'm totally getting a free lunch."

We had all decided to have our very own costume contest betwixt the six of us, the winner would get free lunch that everyone had to pitch in for -- no matter the price.

"So I was thinking that maybe we shouldn't do this whole competition thing..." Adam spoke, scratching his jaw.

"No, no, no, no, no, no. Nuh-uh!" Alex intervened. "You're wearing the costume I got for you, and you're going to wear it well, all night."

Adam huffed and kicked the floor, throwing his head back in protest, "this is not fair, will you at least tell me what I'm going to wear?" Alex thought about it for a second before laughing and vicariously shaking her head.

"What is he wearing?" I whispered.

"Now that's a surprise." Alex smirked with a knowing glint that confused everyone.