62. Regret (Part 1)

||unedited||

S I X T Y  O N E:

Regret.

All I could feel was guilty and sick, my skin tingling in a bad way, my head pounding, my eyes stinging. My legs had given up on me and I pulled them to my body terrified, staring at the scene in front of me.

Regret.

"Aimee, Aimee look at me! Are you alright?!" His voice was frantic and I flinched at his touch, my eyes trained on Adam who wore a monstrous look.

"STOP! STOP IT!"

"Aimee!"

"YOU... FUCKING... DICKHEAD!"

"I'LL MAKE YOU REGRET EVERYTHING!"

"STOP! STOP!"

"ARE YOU OKAY?!"

"STOP IT, ADAM! YOU'LL KILL HIM!"

"STOP!"

"DANNY STOP!"

I don't know how I got to that moment. All the mistakes I had made led to that very moment. I'm not sure how I got here. But there I was, screaming for my life and wanting nothing more than to reset the day.

Valentine's Day.

The day of love... and the day I was going to end things with Tate. It may be a douchebag call on my end to break up with Tate on the day for love but if not now, when?

I'll admit, it took a lot of convincing from Jamie's part to make me go through with this because I didn't want to. Valentine's Day was for love, not heartbreak. I had to end things sooner than later.

I wish I knew that before...

I dressed simply but fittingly for the day, Belle perched on my bed in the morning, petting Stoney whilst animatedly talking about her excitement. You'd think it was her excitement for her first Valentine's Day with Warren but no, it was excitement for my breakup.

"When it happens can you let me know? Oh! Better yet, you should record it. How do you feel about live-stream?" She rambled on and on as I fiddled with my jewelry. "Can you do it after he gives us a ride to school? You should! Use him for a ride and end things and then run into Adam's arms as it should be. Break up with him before he gets here! Yes, over text."

"Belle, I may be ending things with him but it doesn't mean he's not nice guy." I lightly scolded her, swiveling around in my seat. I hoped we could still be friends.

I shouldn't have.

"He's friends with Jason Noel, need I say more? The two of them drowned you. 'Bad influence' or are they just the same?" Belle picked fluff from her jeans. "There's something fishy about him, Alex thinks it too like he's up to no good."

I wish I had just listened to everyone.

Belle noticed my sudden dip in mood, "have you talked to her yet?"

"Not yet. I doubt she'll be in school, so after."

"You get real bitchy when you think you're right... and you never are." Belle coughed over her laughter. "Let's hope Alex doesn't punch you."

"Stop putting scenarios in my head you rat." I dodged Stoney's ball toy that Belle aimed for me and was successful. I was going to cheer but I spoke too soon, Stoney heading for me at full speed for the ball and knocking me off of my chair in the process having me land painfully on my butt. "BELLE!" I yelled loudly from my place on the floor, my sister busy laughing her lungs out.