17. wrong team, don't care.

||unedited||

S E V E N T E E N:

The high pitched whistle blew, snapping Alex away from her light slumber which meant she'd be cranky. She straightened in her seat and muttered, "bitch" as I rubbed my poor, poor ears.

"Alright, line up line up!" Tiffers ordered and all that could be heard was the squeaking of sneakers as people got up from the floor or the benches to take up a line.

"If you guys haven't already guess, we're doing Basketball." Coach Morello announced, crossing his arms making his muscles bulge out which got a few girls fawning over the sight of him. I mean, he was good looking, but I didn't have crush on him because that's just weird. Coach Morello mainly taught the boys which a few girls complained about because, well, they wanted to show him appreciation by staring at  him in lessons. "Atkins! Noel! You guys are team captain, pick your teammates."

The guys first battled to pick the best players, which meant  the players on the boys and the players on the girls basketball team before picking the rest who weren't on any sport teams. I paid no mind to the picking of teams, knowing I'd get picked last, along with everyone else who weren't good at sports and instead followed the lines of the court with my eyes.

"Aimee." I snapped my head up in confusion and looked around to see Wes smiling a big cheesy smile at me and ushering me to come over with his hands. Me?

"Me?" I questioned, pointing to myself, utterly confused.

"Come on, Michelson." Adam called over. I stood up and made my way over to Wes' team members and immediately felt insecure because I did not know how to play basketball nor did I want to.

"Welcome to the winning team, Aims." Daniel greeted resting his hand on my shoulder.

"Why'd you guys pick me? I can't play basketball or any sport for that matter to save my life."

"You just gotta believe you can do it, Aims. I believe in you." Wes spoke in a zen tone as if he were a yoga instructor and put his hands in the air and brought them down slowly as he breathed out and balled up air before pushing it to me and smiling.

"Thanks, Wes," I laughed and gave him a good pat on his shoulder. "But that doesn't change the fact that I'm a liability."

"Chances are you wont even get the ball, Aims." Daniel assured.

"It's pretty simple, Michelson. If you get the ball, dribble and shoot in our net." Adam shrugged and winked at me. I quickly turned the other way to face the left over people who were yet to be put in a team just in time before Adam caught me blushing. Damn.

"How cute." Daniel whispered and pinched my already red cheeks. I had forgotten he was still resting on my shoulder and watching me darn.

"Oh, how could I forget! Come on up and give your perfect man some sugar, Jamie Prescott!" Wes hollered at Jamie who scowled and walked over.

"Where's Harry Styles?" Jamie questioned.

"Huh?" Wes frowned and scratched his head.

"I was told my perfect man would be here..."

"Oh, James don't be silly! I'm right here!" Wes laughed.

"It's Jamie." She grumbled.

"You're ours, Alex." Jason Noel called for Alex who glared chainsaws at him. Yeah, she did not like Jason Noel. Neither did I.

"Uh-oh, I forgot about Alex." Wes mumbled.

"It's cool, Xan doesn't even play." Daniel shrugged. "How does it feel to be on the losing team, babe?"