2. Wes wore what?

||unedited||

T W O:

Twenty minutes later, the three of us arrived at the beach parking lot ready to jump out and have some fun.

"Woah, hey!" Alex called, stopping us all from exiting the car and in turn, we looked at her. "Did you put on any sunscreen?" She points her finger from Jaime to me and back and forth awaiting an answer. I look to Jamie and shrug. "Thought not, here. Put it on if you prefer not looking like a burnt pig. I will tackle you both to the ground and put it on for you if I have to." She shook the sunscreen bottle and chucked it at me with a warning look. To be honest, Jamie and I lathered that sunscreen on fast and religiously because we sure as hell did not want to face the death glare and grip of Alex.

Once Alex was satisfied, we finally made our way to the beach. "It doesn't kill you to spare a few minutes putting on sunscreen, you know." She said, placing the sunscreen back inside her bag.

"So, where are we meeting the rest?" Jamie questioned.

"Yeah, I wanna go do my thing." I said, and looked to Alex who was busily tapping away at her phone.

"One second." She muttered. A few seconds passed before Alex stopped walking, halting Jamie and I as well. She looked up from her phone and looked in front of us with her brows drawn in confusion. She then turned around harboring the same look of confusion on her face.

"Xan!" She spun around and finally spotted the rest.

And there came a trio of hot guys, making their way toward us; shirtless. They looked as if they came out of a magazine, walking in slow motion.

"Cut it out, guys! You don't need to keep walking in slo-mo, give it a rest." The three stopped and groaned, now a few feet away from us.

We walked the rest of the distance up to them.

"Babe! Why do you have to ruin the moment like that for?!" He hung his arms on Alex's shoulders and stood behind her, resting his weight onto her.

"Nice to see you too." Alex rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. As a response, he kissed her cheek and she smiled.

That is Alex's long term boyfriend, Daniel. They were on and then off and then on and then off and then newly on for a about a year straight. They always pushed each other's buttons and argued a lot but in the long run, they loved each other.

"So, Jamie, got a new boy in your life? Aimee?" Daniel wiggled his brows in interest.

"Nah, haven't found the right guy." Jamie shrugged.

"Hey, I'm Wes. Fit, hot, single and the right guy." He slid up to her and winked.

That's Wes, the cheese ball. He had a way with warming his way through the ladies with his well rehearsed lines.

"We'll see about that, Wes fit, hot, single and supposedly the right guy." Jamie said, quoting his words.

"Aimee, is there a special boy?" Daniel asked.

"You know that there isn't. Stop asking all the time." I huffed and crossed my arms.

"Dude, check it out. Babe alert." Nudging Wes, they looked at the girl who walked by. She was gorgeous, even I stared. Alex slapped Daniel upon noticing his staring and glared at the other two boys. "What, she's a babe." He shrugged.

Introducing Adam. The heart breaker who hasn't "found the right one to tame him". He was handsome and most wanted around here. I'll admit, he's petty handsome; but I'd never in my life admit that aloud.

"You already failed, Wes: single and not the right guy." Wes looked to Jamie in confusion. "Staring off at another girl whilst trying to impress the one in front of you? Fail." She explained. "Anyways, I'm off in hopes to find the right guy. See ya."

She began walking away and we all watched as Wes stared at her walking off for several moments before running after her. "What? Jamie! Wait!"

"What an idiot." I commented to which Alex snorted at. We all watched as Wes ran after Jamie, tripping and falling over and eating sand in the process. Out of pity, Jamie stopped walking to help him. As she helped him to his feet, Wes fell forward and on top of Jamie and completely messed up her hair. With a loud shriek, she kicked him off and shouted at him before chucking sand in his mouth and storming away.

"Nope, I'll rephrase. He's a dumb ass."

"Leave the man alone, he was wearing heels yesterday and his feet still feel funny." Adam replied with a click of his tongue. I nodded understandingly. But that quickly faded once what Adam had said sunk in. "Wait Wes wore what?"

"Heels." He repeated as if it were normal.

"Wha... why would Wes wear..." I cut myself short. "You know what, I don't even want know."

"Because his mom and-"

"Don't, Adam."

I look over to see what Alex had to say about the whole Wes thing only to see that she was busy fighting over a pack of Oreo with Daniel to be paying attention.

"Of course," I mumbled and began walking away and along the shore. The waves calmly pushed and overlapped creating a soothing sound mixed with laughter. I sighed breathing in the salty smell of the ocean and closed my eyes in complete relaxation. I smile into the sun embracing the way it warmed my skin.

I stopped once I was far away from Alex and Daniel and turned to face the ocean staring at the greenish blue water clapping and creating ripples. I tilted my head and looked at the people having the time of their lives in the water, splashing around and I longingly stared at the water.

"Why don't you go in?" Adam questioned, walking toward me and jutting his chin in the direction of the ocean. I turned my head to look at him as he stopped beside me and stared at the ocean like I was doing.

I shrugged and tucked my hands into my jean short pockets. I looked away from the ocean as soon as I caught Adam staring at me, staring at the people having fun in the water. "Whatever, let's get ice cream." I led him away from his question and made him pick a flavor.