56. Harry Styles Comes First

||unedited||

Warren Garner ^

F I F T Y S I X:

"Hey, you just missed Lex." Jamie smiled in her green seat. We called it her Green Chemotherapy Lounge.

"She was here?" I wish she had told me so we could've gone together. I got a ride from David on his way to work.

"Yeah she just left a few minutes ago."

"I didn't know she still came. Sorry I haven't been over to your other treatment days, I've been busy." I took a seat beside her.

"With Tate?"

I huffed, "yeah."

"Are you two dating now or what?" She bluntly asked, getting straight to her point.

"I- no." Ben Blush used my cheeks as his punching bag. Not again. "We did kiss."

"What now?"

I told her how it went down, giving a play by play and including how Adam went off the rails for no reason and punched him and then refused to say sorry to him. She was shocked to say the least and contemplated a response.

"Be careful, Aims." She advised seriously. "If I were you, I'd trust Adam's word."

"He's just being childish. He doesn't know what he's saying." I rolled my eyes, shrugging it off.

"And what does Alex say?"

"Not much these days. She just disregards him when he joins me with her in the library." I told her. "How is she? Does she talk to you?"

"Not really," she readjusted the bandanna that covered her head. "Most of them time she just sits there silently but I appreciate it. At least she's here for me."

"Does she seem fine?"

"For the most part, yes. Why are you asking? You can just go see her."

"I haven't had any time to, I've been-"

"Busy." She finished off for me.

"Yeah. And I can't seem to find her."

"Have you tried her house? Texting her?"

"I-" I stopped myself short because I didn't. And Jamie already knew the answer.

"Reach out to her, Aims. She needs it."

"Okay, I've done it!" Wes entered the chemotherapy room and captured every patient and family's attention. "You've been really worried about it, and I want to show my support because I'm going to be here for you no matter what, James. You're gorgeous twenty-four-seven and somehow continue to get even hotter. I'm a lucky man."

"Wes, what are you doing?!" Jamie hissed weakly.

Wes placed both his hands over top of his beanie and strode over toward Jamie. "Showing my never ending support for you." And then, he pulled off his beanie and my eyes widened. "You'll look beautiful no matter what you wear and how you look. And I want you to know that. You're nervous about shaving your head and you don't want to, but no one is going to judge you. If they do, I'll fight them for you. You're not alone in this, Jamie. You have me. You have our friends. You have your new friends," he pointed around the room. "We're here with you. Besides, we could always go wig shopping and buy matching wigs."

Jamie's eyes teared up and I quickly reached into my pocket to hand her tissues whilst she stared up at her newly bald boyfriend who looked at her with so much love it made me cry.