13. The not date date was a date.

||unedited||

T H I R T E E N:

The weather got colder as Summer dispersed and was set to transition into Fall which meant it was time to exchange the summer dresses and outfits for cozier things.

"Aimee, your sweater collection is abysmal look at this," Alex pulled out my orange/red sweater and looked at it in disgust, "it's so thin can you even call it a sweater?" She scoffed completely disappointed, "how are we still friends?"

"Because I love you?" I offered with smile and attempted to wink with both eyes and failing miserably to which Alex snorted at and replied by successfully winking both her eyes separately.

"But seriously, how is this a turtle neck?" She pulled out another and just shook her head. "How do you keep warm, lady?"

"My coat." I simply answered. Alex collapsed onto my bed appalled.

"Hey guys, I come bearing donuts!" Jamie walked in with a mini box of donuts and red nosed face.

"Hey, Rudolph lost your sleigh?" Alex greeted.

"Oooh donuts!" I ran up to her taking the pink iced donut with the rainbow sprinkles and sunk my teeth into the goodness, thanking Jamie with a mouth full of heaven.

"Hey, it's cold outside okay?" She huffed and I went back to brushing out my knotty hair. "I really cant stay..." Jamie sang.

"But baby it's cold outside." Alex sang along with a deep voice.

"I got to go away..."

"But baby its cold outside!"

The two got through the entirety of the song -- and I couldn't help but think of the vine as Alex and Jamie made those facial expressions mimicking said vine -- and ended it with jazz hands and my applauding, "You guys do know that it's not Christmas yet, heck we've still got Halloween to get through."

"Aimee, it's Christmas when I want it to be Christmas. Besides it's never too early to sing Christmas songs." Alex scoffed.

"And really, baby it's cold outside." Jamie went on to justify earning a high five from Alex.

"Come on, Aims, we're going to be late." Jamie hollered standing back up.

"But my hair.."

"To hell with that birds nest! I say put it up into a bun and no one will care!" Jamie dramatically suggested with her finger pointing at me as if she were lecturing me.

"Birds nest? Alex said it didn't-"

"Great, Jamie, now she's going to take even more time." Alex tutted and glared at Jamie who shrugged and weakly apologized. Alex whacked her.

"Hey, I don't take that long and we still have fifteen minutes to get there." I told them, my hairbrush tugging violently at my hair.

"Well you didn't used to but know it's all 'oh my hair's not straight enough' or 'are you sure this looks good' and 'do I need makeup?' gosh, Aims it's not a big deal just wear whatever." Alex faked a high falsetto voice which I knew she exaggerated because I sure as heck do not sound like that.

Do I?

Belle poked her head in my room looking around before sighing, "you did steal my jeans. And my scarf." She grabbed her things and glared at me, "thief."

"Rat." I retorted and made a face.

"Yeah, what's up with that? We aren't going to a fashion show. And you look good in everything in here; that's why you brought them." Jamie scolded, ignoring Belle's presence as she moved around my room, picking up items of clothing's she was 'certain' were hers .