29. Soccer Seduction

||unedited||

T W E N T Y N I N E:

"Alex, you're back! Are you alright?" I hopped into her Jeep and buckled in my seat, overjoyed to see my best friend.

"My back is fine, Aims." Alex humored, clearly avoiding wanting to talk about her mini hiatus. "Here, want a cookie?" She reached into her glove compartment, pulling out a container fulled with cookies. "Freshly baked."

"Oooh, yeah!" I grabbed a hold of the cookies and sink my teeth into her delicious chocolate chip cookies. "These are good!"

"Yeah, I made 'em." Alex responded, honking her horn once we were outside of Jamie's house. Jamie ran into the car and bent forward to slobber a kiss onto Alex's cheek before putting on her seat belt. "Eugh, gross." Alex swiped her newly kissed cheek onto her shoulder.

"You loved it."

"No. Save those kisses for Wes."

I snort at Jamie's new found silence and high five with Alex.

We entered the school parking lot with ease and the constant groaning of Alex who wanted to turn back around and head back home. I had to stop her from turning the car by holding a hand on the wheel.

"Come on, Lex. School will be fine." I patted her shoulder as we all exit.

"Nah, I don't think so. I'm going to the library." She pulled on the straps of her backpack and made a move for the school building only to be pulled to the side and enclosed into a hug by Daniel. "Neil! Get off!"

Daniel made no move and instead kissed her forehead and swayed her side to side.

"Group hug!" And before I knew what was happening, Wes joined in alongside Adam, all of them squeezing the life out of a cussing Alex. "We missed you, Alex! Danny isn't the same without you!" Wes kisses Alex on her cheek the same spot Jamie had.

"You know, Jamie." I began. "You guys technically had an indirect kiss." I pointed at Wes who continued kissing the same spot.

"Stop it." She blushed.

"It could also be a reminder that Alex got kissed by Wes before you did." I snort.

"Shut up, Aims. Alex got hugged by Adam before you did. Oh look, she's also been kissed by him too so ha!" I open my mouth to retort but come up with nothing, Jamie successfully silenced me and I did not like it.

"Nope! I don't like this." Alex yelled and I watched as she sunk down and exited in between Adam's and Wes' body, freeing herself and not wasting a second to rush off to the library as she shook them off.

I don't think they noticed Alex had gone and it was just the three guys hugging one another, snuggling their cheeks with the other.

"What are you guys doing?" Kara's voice ruins the moment, the three of them looking at her confused face and then back to notice that Alex was gone. Adam and Daniel jumped away whereas Wes frowned and held his arms out, awaiting them to come back.

At the sound of her obnoxious laugh, I averted my gaze in disdain.

"We were just..." Daniel started.

"Practicing our team spirit for the game tonight." Adam smoothly finished off and wrapped him arm around Daniel's neck with a lazy smile.

"Yeah!" Wes agreed. "C'mere!" He went in for a hug which they dodged and instead, Daniel hung his arm on Wes' shoulder.

"They have a game tonight?" I asked Jamie quietly.

"Yeah. Big game to start off the season right."