41. Thanksgiving

||unedited||

F O R T Y O N E :

I woke up in a mess, and took notice of Alex's sleeping body sprawled on my bedroom floor right beside me. Groaning at the throbbing pain in my head and arm, I move to touch them. They hurt so bad, it felt like that one time I did an intense workout in gym class which left my body sore. My arm throbbed with every movement and my head ached harder everytime I used my brain. Guess that pain isn't going to go for while...

"Ouch." I huffed.

"Shut up." Alex grumbled blindly whacking my jaw. "Why does my back ache so much." I rolled away from Alex knowing she was about to stretch. And when she stretched, all her bones cracked and she sighed in satisfaction.

"Better?" I asked groggily.

"Nope. My back hurts. Where is that idiot?" Alex got up and so did I ignoring the pain and my body's plea to not move.

And there she was, laying peacefully on my bed, sprawled out like a starfish.

"I'm going to kill her." I huffed, rubbing my pounding head. I don't think the rubbing of my head helped very much.

Last I remembered, all three of us were passed out on my bed and by the looks of it, Jamie had yet once again kicked both of us off. And I'm sure I dropped on my head. You see, Jamie always had a tendency to kick anyone and anything off the bed that was in the way of her starfish position. I guess that was evidence enough of how long she's been single. Too long, I'd say. All pillows and cushions were on the floor except one which laid beneath her stupid blonde hair.

"I'll help." Alex mumbled as the two of us towered over her sleeping starfish position. It took one shared look for us to know our game plan. I smirked and nodded, grabbing a hold of her legs as Alex grabbed around her shoulders.. "On three... one, two... three." And with that we pushed Jamie of my bed and she landed in a thump. We wasted no time to get into bed and get comfy as Jamie groaned and pulled herself up, using the foot of the bed for help.

"What the heck?" She whined.

I winked at her.

"Girls!" Mom entered my room and took in the sight before smiling warmly. Mom was aware of Jamie's habit when sleeping and knew what happened every single time Jamie slept over and we shared a bed. I mean, I guess in actuality it is our fault for not getting Jamie on the couch or a sleeping bag.

Mom held a tray full of what I assumed was breakfast and the scent hit my nose instantly. Pancakes. Alex sat up immediately, her eyes already settled on the food. "I've made you girls some breakfast. Alex, I've made extra pancakes for you. And there's extra-extra pancakes downstairs." Mom set the tray on my desk.

The three of us thanked mom and mom shrugged humbly. "Well, I'm off to Noah's grandmas, happy Thanksgiving girls. Make sure you take Belle with you, you're in charge of her. Where you go, she goes. It's thanksgiving so you spend it together." Mom informed before sticking her head out of my room for a moment to shout for Belle, "IS THAT CLEAR BELLE!"

Before Mom could leave she butted in again, "oh, and Isaac. Please hang out with him as well. He said he'd be busy for a few hours with some work and then he'll be free. Invite him wherever you're going too please."

"If he can stop trying it with me then sure he can come to my boyfriends thanksgiving dinner." Alex scoffed as she drizzled maple syrup over her pancakes. Mom laughed, aware of what Alex meant and left.

Alex normally spent thanksgiving with me but considering we had it early due to the circumstances of David's job and whatnot, she's spending it with Daniel and so am I. There was no way I was going to turn that down, Nona makes the best food. And Belle was annoyed at first but she's also a sucker for good food. She was a lot more bitter and conserved and I had yet to find out why she was acting like more of a bitch.