28. Another Ice cream Outgoing

||Unedited||

T W E N T Y E I G H T:

"So this is also an apology about... everything because I'm sorry." Adam told me as we came to a stop at a traffic light. "And ice cream and chips always make everything better."

"Adam, you don't have to it wasn't your fault. Let's just consider this as us hanging out instead."

"Alright, but first, I have to pick up Lizzy. Will that be okay if she's there too?" Adam asked cautiously as if expecting me to say it wouldn't be okay.

"That's fine, I can't wait to meet her!" I replied happily.

"Really?"

"Adam, you forget that I love kids!"

"Right." He smiled, staring ahead.

"In that case, we could also pick up Noah as well."

"Sure."

I gasped loudly and placed my hand on Adam's shoulder. "This is going to be the first time they're going to meet, Adam! I can't wait to see where this goes." I shrieked and quickly got out my phone to text David, because it was his day to pick up Noah, that I got it covered. "Alright, we're set!"

Adam drove to the elementary school with Taylor Swift's old music playing quietly in the car, he parks along the road and wipes away a faux tear. "Damn, I miss the old Taylor." He pouted and pulled out his key from the ignition. "But she can't come to the phone no more... 'cause she's dead!"

"Did you just..."

"Yeah, I did!" Adam nodded proudly and waited for me to applaud him.

"I gotta say, that was pretty good."
We walked in tow toward the school in content silence with my occasional squeal of excitement.

"You sure are excited, Tweety."

The nickname made me blush, "of course I am, I can't wait to meet Lizzy." I ignore Ben Blush, hoping I could blame him on the cold winds breezing past us.

Adam's voice is cut off by a tiny squeaking of my little brother.

"Aimee!" He cheered, his little legs carrying his little body over to me. I kneeled down and outstretched my arms to be met with his strong force that almost floored me.

"Hello!" I laughed, slobbering a kiss on his cheek.

"Aimee," he whined through his adorable little giggle, wiping away my kiss with the back of his hand. I pretend to be offended to which he responds by kissing me on the cheek. "Hey, you brought Adam!"

"Yeah, I brought him at Walmart, he was pretty cheap, they were so happy to get rid of him." I said a sorry excuse for a joke, cringing and mentally slapping myself with a pan.

Adam smiled, shaking his head at me, "I don't like being objectified like that, Michelson. Gosh. It's like you want to hurt me." His falsetto made a reappearance and before I could make a comment at the irony of his words which would've lead to an awkward outcome, a high voice yells out his name with joy.

"Adam!"

"He-ey!" Adam chuckled as a little girl with her dark brunette hair plaited with a purple bow at the end of each plait attacked his leg into a hug. "Lizzy, I'd like you to meet-"

I did not let him finish the sentence, overjoyed and already crouched down, "hey, I'm Aimee. You must be the famous Lizzy."

"Yeah I am!" She presented me with her toothless smile and gasped, "you're the Aimee that Adam always-"