35. Halloween

||unedited||

T H I R T Y  F I V E:

I stand in front of my mirror, smiling at my dressed up reflection. Damn, I looked good. Noah, dressed up like Chase from PAW Patrol, scurried his little legs inside my room, woofing and standing beside me in the mirror, beaming.

"We look so cool, Aimee." He said, striking poses in the mirror.

I joined him, "yeah we do!"

"What exactly are you supposed to be?" Noah questioned as we both posed with our hands out like paws, back to back. I stood up straight and frowned, patting down the white fabric of my dress, saddened that he didn't get it. "You really don't know?" I asked fixing my laced hair piece. Noah shrugged.

"H-hey!" Alex laughed, announcing herself. "Corpse bride!"

"Yeah, I'm a corpse bride, Noah."

"I told you that dress would suit fine for a bride." Alex said. "You look good."

"Thanks."

Noah immediately lost interest in my outfit as his eyes settled on Alex's, gasping in awe. He walked up to Alex to get a better look. "Wow." He gushed. Alex noticed Noah in his costume and pouted, adoring him.

"You look so cool, Noah!" Alex commented.

"Thanks, but you look better!" He circled Alex and a laugh escaped my lips. Alex did look nice and it was completely obvious that she was dressed as knight. Alex put on a little show and pulled out her fake sword and did a few moves with added sound effects.

After posing for a few pictures to satisfy mom, Alex and I were off to the party held at who I assumed was, Harrison Gale's house. When we arrived, the party was already in full swing with slutty nurses, witches and shirtless guys wandering around, cups of alcohol held in heir hands. Jamie had decided to roll with the guys so we could all see each others outfits at the same time. Alex already knew my outfit because she had helped me piece it together and she told me her costume to annoy Danny who had picked their outfits. She was mad at him for something, I don't know what, I can't remember and I doubt they'd remember themselves.

"Okay, so Neil said they'll be here in two minutes." Alex voiced, going to pocket her phone only to realize she shouldn't because of her costume. She paused for a second before reaching over to the glove compartment and pulling out a white fanny pack and strapping it around her waist. "A knight goes nowhere without his fanny pack." She reasoned.

"So, how are they getting here without seeing each other's outfits?" I questioned.

Alex thought about it for a second before shrugging, "I have no idea. It'll be interesting."

"Bet."

Not seconds later, Adam's familiar truck pulled up and Alex and I braced ourselves. One by one, the four of them came out in black cloaks that hid their outfits underneath. They walked up to Alex's car and she rolled down our windows and unable to keep it in, the two of us busted into a laughing fit at how funny they looked. "You look like a cult!" The two of us exclaimed in unison, Alex slapping her knee silly, drugged with amusement. There was no point of Wes wearing a cloak as his rainbow wig gave his outfit away.

Jamie rolled her eyes, "come, out you guys get."

"On three?" I offered. Everyone nodded.

"One." Jamie said.

"Two!" Wes and I said next, smiling at each other. I grabbed a hold of the car door, getting ready.

"...three!" Alex yelled. We both stepped out of the car as the four dropped their black cloaks to the floor.