6. Stolen Marshmallow

||unedited||

S I X:

The sun had officially come down and the night had settled with a few odd stars shining brightly as the fire everyone was sat around provided us with the warmth. I sighed happily whilst watching my marshmallow roast in the heat, excited to capture the gooiness in my mouth.

"Awe, Aimee, you shouldn't have!" I looked up to see Adam staring at me in faux awe and because I was so confused about his comment I didn't notice when he caged my perfectly roasted marshmallow in between graham crackers, but I did notice him stuffing that goodness, that was supposed to mine, into his mouth. "Wha- Adam!" I cried, "That was mine, I was going to eat that. C'mon!"

"I'm horrible at this and I saw yours and it looked so good so I wanted it, and let me tell you, it tasted great." He laughed and licked the remaining off his lips. I glared, "I know, it was supposed to be mine!" Adam sat down beside me, unfazed by my stare and turned to face me, "You know, if you still want to know how it tastes, I bet you the taste is still in my mouth so I could-"

"Oh! My gosh, Adam. Seriously?" I stood up immediately, disgusted by his words.

He did nothing but laugh, "I'm kidding, Aimee." I huffed. "Look, I can go get you another, how about that?" He offered me an apologetic look and I considered it for several seconds before someone announced that there were no more marshmallows. Adam slowly turned to look at me with a guilty look, "well that's what you call bad timing."

I forced a laugh and give him a sickly sweet smile, "Ha! No kidding."

"Uhm, you can have mine." He grabbed his marshmallow -- which was stuck on a stick whilst the other side was stabbed into the sand holding it up-- presenting it to me. "I know it's nowhere near as perfect as yours, but I like to think this guy has potential." He shrugged and I stared down the marshmallow.

"Adam, that marshmallow is burnt. Heck can you even call it one anymore? It's just a pile of ash!"

"Hey!" He pouted. "Gordon Ramsay who? More like Aimee Michelson." He grumbled. I struggled for a good minute trying to conjure up the right words to say -- more like yell actually. After coming up with nothing I settled for a disgruntled groan and stormed off.

"Oh, Aimee! Just in time, come, the fireworks are starting." Jamie hollered.

"Ugh remind me why we couldn't just go home," Alex grumbled. "you guys know I don't like fireworks yet you deliberately force me to stay. I could just leave right now and leave you guys stranded, but I'm a nice human like that sometimes."

"Just the best." Jamie commented sarcastically and I snorted.

"Bitch, don't give me sarcasm, I will cut you." Alex warned, glaring at Jamie. "Don't think I don't recall you dragging me and then making me trip face first into the sand." Alex glowered at Jamie making her surrender and apologize quietly.

"Xan, babe, chill." Daniel appeared beside his girlfriend, pulling her next to him. "What did we say about your passive aggressive behavior?"

Alex tilted her head to look at her boyfriend and, when I say this, I mean it; she looked at her boyfriend as if he were the stupidest person alive. Daniel, noticing this gulped whilst Jamie and I shared amused looks and stood back to watch the lovers spat unfold.

"We said jack about my 'passive aggressive behavior', babe. What are you suggesting here, babe." she started slowly speaking in a threatening manner, detaching herself from Daniel and staring at him with her arms folded.