16. Long Live Adiee

||unedited||

S I X T E E N:

I tugged at my gym top to stretch it out and pulled up my sweats and bent down to tighten my laces on my sneakers. Alex greeted me by slapping my butt and complimenting it. I sighed amused and resumed retying my laces only for my butt to be slapped again. "Okay ouch!" I stood up straight and spun around to see Jamie's innocent face, "what?" she feigned being clueless and I shook my head.

"Alright, ladies!" Coach Tiffers yelled and, for extra measure blew her annoyingly high pitched whistle that left me and the est of the girls cringing and pressing our shoulders to our sensitive ears. As soon as Tiffers entered the locker room, Alex growled and sat down on the bench with her arms crossed. "Listen up!" Tiffers demanded. The chatter died down and everyone looked to Tiffers. Some were excited for this class (they were probably seriously messed up in the head), some neutral and unbothered, some pissed that she disrupted their conversations, some genuinely pissed at the fact they still had to take this lesson (like me) and some staring daggers into Tiffers head with every breath she took (Alex).

"Due to a few technical issues with the school renewing and sprucing up certain places of the school, it's decided that you're going to do this lesson --and others if the sprucing isn't done --with the boys." She announced, earning a series of different reactions; excited, scared and objections. "Out on the basketball court in five!" Tiffers informed before finally leaving. And the second she did so, I noticed girls covering up more and others hiking up their shorts to expose more of their skin and then quickly checking themselves in the mirrors and leaving the locker room with their hips swaying.

"Tina, come on." Kara called for her friend who happened to be one of those girls hiking up their shorts. "You look fine. Your ass is a little bit flat but it's fine." She scoffed and then pushed her hair off of her shoulders in a sassy manner. Kara already had short shorts for her kit and had a great body showing through her tight clothing so she didn't necessarily need to adjust anything but her lip-gloss and hair.

The two exited and it was just a few odd people and Alex, Jamie and I. I stood up in front of Alex who sprawled across as much of the thin bench she could with her hoodie covering her head and face. "Lex, come on." She groaned in response and pulled at the drawstrings of her hood making it close up and cover her face entirely.

"Go without me." She grumbled and shifted onto her back on the uncomfortable looking bench.

"You'll get detention." Jamie nudged Alex's limp like leg with her foor, urging her to get up.

"Detention sounds good." She replied.

"Lex," I said in a sing song kind of way, "we'll give you Oreo." I taunted and luckily, it worked. Alex slightly loosened the draw strings so her voice didn't sound so muffled and asked, "what kind?"

"Normal?"

She tightened her draw sting again.

"Double stuffed, good stuff!" Jamie said and within a blink of an eye, Alex was up with her hood down but her face still grim. "I'm only doing this for the Oreo." She grumbled and dragged her feet to out of the locker room and to the indoor basketball court with Jamie and I trailing closely behind her.

"You're getting her those Oreo." I told Jamie to which she made a face at.

"But you're the one that suggested it."

"Yeah, but I'm broke." I sheepishly shrugged and Jamie rolled her eyes and caved.

Alex took three steps into the hall before turning around on her heels ready to make an exit. It was a good thing Jamie and I were behind her. We both put a hand on her shoulder and pushed her back in to which Alex loudly protested to.

"Danny's in there." Jamie informed.

"I don't care, I'll still have to participate." She shot back as we pushed her to take a seat on the mini bleacher stands.

I looked around to see girls exaggerating their stretches in front of the boys which made my face scrunch up in disgust. My eyes drifted around the court and stopped on Adam... who was with Kara, both of them laughing as Kara rested a hands on Adam as she stretched her legs. For some reason, my mood dimmed down instantaneously.

"It's alright, Aims. Long live Adiee." Jamie rubbed my back in a soothing manner, I shook my head and cleared my throat, "what are you talking about?" Jamie discreetly pointed over at where I had been staring at; Adam and Kara, and gave me sympathetic look. "That? Oh, I don't care. It's not a big deal, why would it bother me?" Jamie sent me a pointed look. "What! I'm serious, I don't care."

But, of course, I did. A little bit. The tiniest bit.

"Long live Adiee." Jamie simply said.

"The heck is Adiee?" Wes questioned, appearing beside us.

"None of your business." Jamie replied without missing a beat.

"You know, you're really mean for someone who totally has the hots for me." Wes smoothly said, sliding over to Jamie who looked like a blubbering fish out of water.

"I... I-I don't have the hots for y...you, Weston!"

I snickered at her telltale lying tactic which Jamie caught on to the second I started laughing, her face reddening and her eyes widening at the thought of being caught. I mouthed the ship name "Westie" to her which just made her even more flustered.