48. He Said the L Word

||unedited||

F O R T Y  E I G H T:

The day after Jamie unloaded the bombshell of cancer, Wes was nowhere to be seen in school. It was later that we found out it was because he was with Jamie and she had told him everything. Alex and I were okay most of the time, we were back for the most part. But there were times where she was standoffish. And Adam had been every bit supportive and just there for me. Slowly but surely, the bubble I was in before started to come back.

There we were, at the ice cream shoppe, I was busy laughing whilst staring into those perfect blue eyes as Adam horribly sang along to Taylor Swift playing in the shoppe.

"Ugh, get a room." Belle grumbled from her seat beside Adam staring at the two of us in disgust. It was the weekend and Mom was busy with Noah on a play date and when she heard I was going out she made me take devil Belle with me.

"You just want your Darren boyfriend." I stuck my tongue out at her.

"It's Warren." She corrected.

"So when was it made official, because last I heard was you guys were still testing the waters. But let me tell you, Garner was a goner before you even went on your first date." Adam asked taking a spoon of ice cream.

I gaped, "you knew and didn't tell me?"

"I thought you did."

Alex's voice ran circles in my head.

You didn't even notice she had a boyfriend...

She didn't really try to hide it.

"It was official three months ago, Adam." Belle rolled her eyes, "almost four now," I didn't miss the blush on her cheeks. "So when is this going to become official?" She pointed at the two of us and Ben Blush escaped his prison, ready to play. Rat.

"We're not-"

"So you're telling me you don't go on dates to this very place?" She looked around the shoppe. "You guys are so lame. You do know there's other places you guys can go to on a date?"

"We're not dating, Belle." The tone in my voice was enough to give her a warning to watch it without Adam noticing. Of course, she never listened, though.

"So you're just friends?"

"Yeah." Adam and I said.

"Friends who go on dates?"

"Belle, shut up." She went to open her mouth to say something more but I didn't let her. "Oh let me just text mom this video of you with... what was his name again? Darren?"

"You recorded us?!" Her jaw slammed to the floor in shock. "Why would you?"

"Blackmail." I shrugged. "Now will you shut up?"

"Fine." She forced. Clearly Belle did not like being blackmailed, she liked doing the blackmailing. But this time, I had the upper hand. For once. "Will you guys stop being all lovey-dovey or whatever you 'friends' call it?"

"Please, you're way worse with Darren."

"Warren."

"If you didn't want to be here, you should've just stayed home."

"You think I didn't try? Mom wouldn't budge. I offered to look after Stoney but no, she's at the vet. Dumb dog." She stabbed her ice cream.

"Hey don't be mean to her."