55. Heebeegeebees

||unedited||

F I F T Y  F I V E:

"Hey." I greeted brightly to Adam who was busy looking through his locker. He took one look at me and then went back to his locker. "You okay? You look down." His blue eyes looked to mine with a different look, a guarded look. "Where were you the other day?"

"The other day?" I repeated and scratched the side of my head.

"Case! Nice game!" Warren hooted and clapped him on the back. "You took your sweet time getting to the victory party."

And that's when it hit me.

"Yeah, I was waiting on a few things..." Adam looked to me.

Oh crap.

"At least you came, see you at practice?" Warren looked to me, "oh, hey Aimee." He said politely evidently still scared of me. I waved at him and spotted Belle making her way up to us, sending me a warming look because she wasn't sure what I was saying to him.

"Yeah, see you at practice, Garner." Adam shut his locker and Belle reached us, Warren immediately kissed her cheek. She grew red and dragged him away from us and I turned my attention back to Adam guiltily.

"I'm so sorry, Adam." I stopped him from walking away.

"Did you even stay for the whole game?"

"I..." Man, he was making me even more guilty.

"Thought so." He looked offended. "What was more interesting for you to miss out on hanging out with me that you couldn't even text me a heads up?"

Okay, he was really offended and upset.

"How was your date with British boy!" Jamie said before I could even tell Adam myself.

"Date?" Adam queried.

"Yeah, he took her out during halftime." Jamie answered for me again.

"I see." Adam drily chuckled.

"Did you have a good time?" Wes sounded disappointed with me and sounded nowhere near interested in actually knowing the answer.

Someone tapped my shoulder, turning I see that it's Leather Jacket and beamed at him. I had a lot of fun with him on the date. I couldn't believe that I had actually gone on a date and didn't overthink anything about it. I wanted to play Dance Dance Revolution with him  when we got to Dave and Busters but he said he didn't like that game which was a bummer since I loved it but it didn't matter. Other than that, we had a really good time. When he dropped me home, I chickened out and ran to my house instead of getting a kiss from him because I was sweating like there was no tomorrow and did not want him to know.

"Hello, gorgeous." Ben Blush pinched my cheeks.

"You and Aimee?" Jason Noel looked between Tate and I and smirked. Jason Noel and his meatheads were with Tate and they all watched our interaction which made me even more nervous with them as an audience. 

Adam scoffed from my side and I felt even more bad. At that moment in time, I had no idea what the hell I should do. It got even more awkward when Adam and Tate got into a staring match in the middle of me . Desperately, I looked to Jamie for help but she was busy watching the whole thing.

Thank god for Danny who stumbled up to us looking like an utter mess. I had no idea how Nonna even let him out the house looking the way he did.

"Where is she?" He looked around. "Where is she?" Adam broke off the staring contest, his attention on Daniel and his out-of character self.