2| Adoration

The rain kept pouring harshly, giving everyone in the house nowhere to go unless they willingly wanted to get wet.

No one wanted that.

Having nothing to do made Jungkook inpatient and anxious.

He wanted to leave the house.

But he couldn't, which irritated him more and more as time went by.

"Jungkook," Jin said, laying his hand on the maknaes shoulder in a attempt to calm him.

The eldest sighed, "Look, I understand your anxiousness. You want to leave and I get that. We all do. But you have to except this for once and find something to do to distract yourself."

"I know hyung, it's just.."

"We've all been through it before so take my word for it. Just go play some video games or something." Jin assured, patting the maknae on the back before leaving to watch the baby. Jungkook mumbled to himself as he headed up to his room.

"Okay.. I'll try."

"Uh... Jin hyung..." Namjoon trailed off, staring at the child who wouldn't stop squirming in its blanket. Currently it was Namjoon's turn to watch the infant, but he's a little lost.

"What?" Jin replied, too busy with dishes to bother turning around.

"The baby looks upset.."

"No Namjoon hyung, it's uncomfortable." Said Taehyung who just entered the kitchen for a snack. He was the one who could read and tell what someone is feeling.

"Oh.. how do I fix that?"

"Maybe move it onto something more squishy or soft other than just a blanket and a basket?" Taehyung suggested, quickly leaving the room soon after finding a cookie to eat.

"Umm... i'm not good with kids.." Namjoon mumbled.

"We know that clearly from your hesitation and unsureness," Jin added, finishing washing one last plate.

Jin turned around and grabbed the baby gently and rocked it back and forth before laying it down on the couch to rest.

"Oh.. like that.." Namjoon realized.

"Now wasn't that easy," Jin chuckled.

Hoseok couldn't stop watching the baby with a soft smile that it made Jin chuckle a bit when he walked by him a few minutes ago. Right now Hoseok was watching the child since it was his turn.

Hoseok just took adoration towards the tiny being.

He thought it looked cute. It reminded him of his childhood, when he became a big brother.

'The baby looks kinda like my sister when she was this young.. she grew up fast though.'

A chuckle escaped Hoseok's throat as he witnessed the baby trying to reach his dyed red hair.

"Ah-Ah, no you don't," He said softly, pulling himself away from the baby. "I just got this dyed and I'd rather no one touch it."

The baby pouted, seeming to dislike how Hoseok moved away from it.

It liked his body heat. But now that its gone, the baby started to cry.

"Uhh.. hey.. don't cry, Hoseokie is here.." He cooed softly, gently rubbing the baby's tiny left hand.

The baby seemed to cry more, it wanted Hoseok to hug it.

Hoseok didn't know that though. So he was confused.

"Ummm..." he looked at the baby's face and suddenly lifted the infant into his arms.

"This is what you wanted... right?" Hoseok guessed, remembering how his sister would cry if she wasn't held.

The baby seemed to calm down at this and in no time it fell asleep.

"Awwww~" Hoseok cooed, watching how the baby's tiny hands would wrap around his finger as it slept soundly.

'So cute,'

— A/N —
So I guess Hoseok is taking a liking to the baby? Hmmm...