104| Kiss Me

Wednesday, April 29th
— 4:34 p.m

     To your dismay, Minseon remained asleep as he had been for the past two hours since you returned home from school.  You didn't bother to wake him; maybe he needed the rest, which wouldn't be a bad thing, seeing as he was still far from a full recovery.

     You sighed, tapping your pen along the paper which contained your math homework.  You had just finished it, but the boredom you had contained with that homework had already resurfaced, making you peer over at Minseon with a frown.  He won't be sleeping forever.  He'll probably wake up soon, most likely when dinner is ready.

     Looking down at his soft lips and peaceful expression as he slept, it gave you a little ease.  'I'll just leave him be.'  You decided that you would take your finished homework to your room, then return to Minseon.  You got up and gathered your supplies off the desk in the corner of the room.

     Upon returning, you noticed a change in Minseon's once peaceful expression.  His eyebrows were slightly furrowed and his lips curved downwards into a frown.  You wondered what had possibly changed during your absence.  Then he suddenly reached out towards you, a silent tear slipping from the corner of his eye.  You didn't know what had brought this on, but you immediately took him into your embrace, holding him close and whispering little words of calm in a soothing voice.

     "D-Don't..."  You looked down at his face as he started mumbling something.  "D-Don't leave me..."

     You frowned at his words.  You would never, not in a million years, leave his side.  He was too fragile and precious to leave alone in this cruel world.  But why would he be saying that if he knows you'd always be there for him?

     "C-Can't... move..."

     You jumped back and peered down to lock gazes with a pair of glossy chocolate eyes.  He was awake; whatever had happened to him was simply a nightmare.

     "Are you all right?  You seemed pretty upset in your sleep,"  you asked, trying to mask your concern with a small smile.

     Minseon frowned in response to your question.  "I-It was j-just a nightm-mare,"  he said.  "Nothing m-much."

     You didn't like his answer.  He was clearly upset about someone leaving him, maybe you, and he just couldn't blow it off like that.  His health was just as important—including nightmares.

     "Listen, Minseon,"  you spoke with a slightly concerned tone,  "I seen you crying in your sleep, calling out 'Don't leave me' into the air.  I was here, by your side.  Now please, tell me what happened."

     He took a deep breath in, and then out.  He looked up into your eyes, finding what he was looking for.  "I-I was at the w-warehouse,"  he started slow, hesitating.  "Jacob w-was there, but s-so were you.  H-He said that I-I didn't d-deserve you, nor did I-I deserve to b-be alive.  And th-there you were, walking o-off in the di-distance, not sparing m-me even one gl-glance or a g-goodbye..."

     "Oh, Minnie."  You grabbed him and squeezed him tight, but not tight enough to hurt him.  "I would never leave you!  I don't care if Jacob supposedly said that you didn't deserve me, but guess what, he doesn't know how perfect you are!  In my eyes, you're the most precious thing in this world to me!  I couldn't live without you, Minnie, so why would I leave you?"  You smiled and kissed his cheek, making him blush.

     "S-Sorry, I can't c-control my dreams,"  he apologized, trying to seem like he didn't blush two seconds ago.

     "Hey, why don't we watch a movie for a bit?  I don't think dinner will be ready until, I dunno, maybe a while from now?  How about that?"  You smiled at him, hoping he was okay with the idea.