34| It Burns

I gasped as I shot up into a sitting position.

"What the heck was that?  Some weird dream. ." I wondered, panting while holding my hand against my chest.

Sighing, I glanced at my alarm clock on the nightstand beside my bed. "10:43 am?" I whispered to no one in particular, getting up off the mattress to change my clothes.

"Hi Daddy," I greeted Seokjin with my usual happy tone, sitting beside him on the couch.

He looked to me and smiled warmly. "Hi sweetie.  How was your sleep?"

I instantly thought back to the dream I had. "Oh, it was okay, besides waking up from a strange dream." shrugging, I laid my head gently on Seokjin's shoulder.

Jungkook entered the room, sitting on the chair by the bookshelf, grabbing his phone from his pocket and instantly playing some game.  Seokjin just shook his head at the younger, turning his attention back to the TV that was on the news channel.

"Heyy~  What's up?" Hoseok sang as he entered the room, sitting beside me. "You okay [Y/n]?"

"Huh?" I said, snapping out of the sudden strange daze I was in.  I looked over to the red head, shaking my head at him when he asked again. "I'm fine.  I just zoned out that's all." I then glanced back at Jungkook, seeing he left the room.

"Where's everyone else?" I wondered, looking back to Hoseok as he tapped his chin in thought.

"Well, Yoongi-hyung's still sleeping;  Jimin is playing video games with Taehyung in Jungkook's room, probably where Jungkook left to just now;  and Namjoon?  Hm.  I think he's just doing his own thing.  I actually don't know what he's doing." Hoseok shrugged, bringing out his phone to check something.

"Oh, okay." I replied and got up to go to the kitchen.  I was craving something.  Hm.  "How about some breakfast first." I mumbled to myself, opening the lower cupboard by the sink.

I looked around for an appealing cereal to eat.  When I found one I liked, I picked it up and brought it out of the dark cupboard and to the countertop in front of me.  I opened one other cupboard and snatched a bowl, placing that also by the cereal and doing the rest to prepare my simple breakfast.

Once I was finished with my food I placed my dish in the sink, cleaning it out and putting it on the other side for loading later.

I headed up to my room to read some books for awhile, getting my mind off some things that's been bothering me lately.  I grabbed the romance book I was reading the other day, opening it to the page I last left on.

After reading for awhile I soon got bored, so I moved off my bed to grab my phone from my desk across the room, only to drop the device and place my hands around my neck as I fell to the floor in extreme pain.

"I-It b-b-burns!!" I winced, rolling around on the wooden flooring, digging at my neck as I struggled to breathe.

My eyes widened as I felt two sharp things poke my lip that I had sucked into my mouth in the middle of all this. I started sobbing quietly as the burning sensation in my throat increased by the second. I kicked the nearest thing to me, which was the bed, creating a thumping noise as it hit the wall from the impact. I was hoping that would get someone to help me.

Hot, fat tears streamed down my reddened cheeks, my hands still around my neck which wasn't even doing anything to help me at all. I couldn't scream, the pain unbearable.

"[Y/n]?" I heard from the hallway, I thrashed around to get whoever was out there to come in here, purposely knocking a lamp over by hitting my desk.

The door opened to reveal Jungkook, who was surprised to see me on the floor, looking like I was being strangled to death.

"[Y/N]!!" Jungkook shouted as he ran to my side, laying my head on his lap.

The burning feeling only got stronger the longer I laid there.  I didn't know what to do but focus on breathing. "H-Help m-m-me!"

Seokjin came running in the room, widening his eyes as he looked at my state. "What happened!?" he frantically asked, staring at Jungkook for an answer but the younger didn't know at all what was happening.  Neither did I.

I tried to show them by opening my mouth a little bit, and even though I knew it would hurt, I bit into my lip using the fangs I now had, causing it to bleed.  Hopefully they would smell it and look at my mouth.

"She's bleeding hyung!" Jungkook stated, a little dazed while he fought himself not to do anything.

Seokjin breathed out. "I can tell!" he hastily grabbed me by my chin and turned my pained face towards him.

"OH MY GOD SHE HAS FANGS JUNGKOOK, FANGS!!"

"SHE HAS WHAT NOW!?"

"She's gotta be in the turning stage!  I don't know how this came to be but don't worry baby, I'll help you." the eldest left the room in the speed of light, returning quickly with a package of red stuff.

"N-No!  I-I c—can't!" I thrashed around in Jungkook's hold on me, shaking my head no even though I knew Seokjin had the thing to stop all of this pain.

Seokjin sighed, caressing my cheek gently. "I know you don't want this, I don't know how or why this happened but if you want to feel better, baby. .  You have to drink this." even with his soothing and reassuring tone, I couldn't bring myself to agree.

"Jungkook.  Hold her down."

NO!  . . .  But it's the only way. .  Isn't it.

I looked one last time at Seokjin and Jungkook, before grabbing the pack of red stuff, making a distasteful face as I pierced my canine teeth in it, sucking it until nothing was left.

It tastes so. .  NO!  I-I hate it!  I hate it.

Jungkook looked down at me, a sympathetic look in his orbs as he watched me cry at what I've become. "There, there. ." the soft pats to my head from Seokjin were enough to make me cry more, attracting everyone else to enter the room after hearing my loud sobs.

Namjoon crouched down to my side, rubbing soothing shapes onto my arm. "What's going on here?" he questioned, feeling bad that I was crying.

"Yeah. .  Why is pumpkin crying?  She looks so sad. ." Hoseok added, looking away because he was even starting to cry too.

Taehyung and Jimin sat beside Namjoon, frowning at my state.  Yoongi sniffled quietly, walking over to the group and hugging my form tightly as I turned to cry in his chest, getting his shirt wet from my tears in the process.

"Guys. ."

Everyone looked up to Seokjin, except for Jungkook and me who had a feeling what the eldest was about to announce.

"[Y/n] is a vampire."

— A/N —
Did you think you seen this coming?  Don't be afraid, tell me your thoughts in the comments.

To be continued