62| Power

The man smirked upon entering the dimly lit room on the main floor, eyes roaming around the area filled with shelves and burning candles before finally landing on a man sitting behind a desk who looked like he was in his late 40's.

"Sir," the young male spoke, moving further into the room and grabbing a nearby chair to sit on in front of the older man who only stared back at him with his dark eyes. "The girl is refusing to speak. I suppose she chooses death over spilling her knowledge to us," he sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

The older man scowled, leaning back into his chair as he remained silent in thought. The two men sat in silence for a couple seconds, only exchanging a few glances to one another.

"Why would she possibly be refusing? Hyojin, what could she be hiding! Any reasons? Ideas? Tell me!" he ordered to the man whose name was Hyojin, slamming his fists onto the table. "The others— I didn't need them, only their power I wanted! Her, her— she is the last of her special kind! I want to know everything about her before we get rid of her." he added in a lower voice, smirking and laughing to himself. Hyojin just nodded in agreement, already fine with getting rid of the girl, he didn't like her anyways.

"Yes, sir. I'll make her talk, I promise."

Hyojin grinned and pushed open the sound-proof lab doors, greeting the other workers as he passed by them.  The ravenette had many ideas and thoughts cramming his mind as he looked over at one of the lab workers, Areum, as she typed things into a computer before going and pouring some translucent liquid into a empty water bottle.  The male furrowed his brows, walking over and tapping the young woman's shoulder, making her slightly jump in surprise.

"Ah, H-Hyojin!"  she said with a couple of pants, smiling.  "I didn't know you came back already.  I was just about to try another experiment."

"Another, you say?  Explain,"  he softly nudged Areum's arm as she laughed at her curious friend, turning around and swishing the liquid inside the bottle.

"This looks like water, right?  Well, if you drink it..."  as Areum spoke happily about her experiment, Hyojin's eyes were not focused on the younger woman, only looking back and fourth at the royal-blooded girl unconscious in the wooden torture chair.  Everyone here believed the species of vampires were evil and dangerous, Hyojin as well.  The dark-haired man despised those blood-thirsty creatures, and it was all because one of their kind killed his whole family one night years ago, sucking the blood out of his mother, his father, his two younger sisters, and his big brother.  It was devastating to the young child's eyes as his eyes widened in horror, looking along the bloody floor, four bodies were scattered around the living room and one in the kitchen.  The boy was heartbroken, and later on he figured out it was vampires who killed his family, and that's how he begun to hate their kind.

"...so did you understand it?  Hyojin?"  the said male turned with a calm gaze, smiling warmly to his friend.  Areum groaned.  "Did you not hear any of it?  Hyojin!"  she whined, stomping her feet.

"Sorry, Areum, I've had too much on my mind lately.."  he quietly apologized, rubbing his neck as he subconsciously glanced back towards the unconscious vampire.  "Haven't been getting much sleep either,"  he sighed.

Areum's gazed softened upon hearing her friend's words, her eyebrows furrowing as she realized he wasn't looking at her anymore.  The woman followed his gaze to see the female vampire.  She sighed and looked back to Hyojin, his eyes showed fury, sadness, and a mix of something else.  Areum patted his shoulder, making him look at her.