102| Waking Up

Sunday, April 26th
— 9:04 p.m.

     It was then, that my eyelids fluttered open to a blinding light—my arms automatically moving to shield my eyes from actually getting blinded.  I heard an awfully loud and annoying beeping sound from beside me, almost making me want to scream.  I held it in.

     My body wasn't floating anymore; I felt fine.  I mean, my left arm, my legs, and my neck were killing me with each and every movement, even small ones, but I wasn't dead, right?  I don't think I am...

     "Minnie...?"

     I heard the quiet sound of a yawn, then a gasp, and then sobbing.  I couldn't move my hands from my eyes, too scared of the bright light above me.  I took a deep breath and tried to say something, but my voice was hoarse and quiet.  But, before I could try again, I felt a weight land on me, warmth spreading throughout me, and the sound of loud sobbing right by my ear.

     "M-Minnie, you're awake!"  the voice cried out as whoever was holding me had squeezed me tighter, but not enough to hurt me, at least.  "I missed you."

     I took a deep breath and moved down my protective shield and, instead, gently wrapping my arms around [Y/n]'s shaking body, her tears overflowing so much that my shoulder was getting quite wet.  I sighed into her hair, my fingers playing around with a small strand.  I moved my head to bury it deep in her neck, wanting to smell her again, to feel her again, to hold her again.  I really thought I was going to die last night...

     "I-I love y-you,"  I whispered, almost incoherent as I breathed in the strong but sweet scent of strawberries and cream, a lovely smile stretching onto my lips.

     There was a moment of complete silence, just us two, doing nothing but holding each other close as if the other would disappear in the moment we pulled away.  [Y/n], although reluctant, was the first to pull away from the warm hug, staring into my eyes as she wiped her flowing tears.

     "M-Minseon,"  she said as she took a shaky breath in, composing herself.  "I thought you had died the night of the concert, but I got to you just in time, didn't I?  I wish I would've found you sooner, though, then you wouldn't be in this much pain..."

     "It's okay,"  I started, using my mind as a way for us to properly speak without my stuttering getting in the way of things.  "The pain is better than being dead, I guess."

     [Y/n] nodded, then grabbed my right arm—the good arm—and held my hand in hers gently, squeezing every now and then.  "It's been days, Minnie, since I found you in that building."  Her voice cracked at the very end like she was struggling to hold all her emotions together and keep them shut off, just for a little bit.  She didn't look well, either, now that I got a good look at her, she had dark bags under her eyes and her skin was slightly paler than when I last seen her.  Had she not been sleeping well?  Or maybe she hasn't eaten anything yet.

     "Has it really been that long?  Have I been asleep this whole time?"  My thoughts wandered to my last moments with Jacob, and how I couldn't grasp the darkness enough to be able to see the shining light again, and how I felt everything around me, in those few moments, but couldn't move a single muscle in return.

     [Y/n] nodded once again, confirming my suspicions.  "Yes, today is Sunday, April 26th."  She spoke with such pain in her voice that it was starting to worry me.

     "There's no need to be sad anymore, [Y/n].  I'm here, awake and breathing, so how come you sound so upset?"

     "Because Jacob hurt you, almost killed you, and Yoongi was there, too, almost on the brink of death as you were.  I couldn't help myself..."