Extra|~ Jungkook

When I was little, I was always told I was normal, like the other kids.  But that was never the case.  Not with a half-blood like me.

×

My mother and father were the kindest people I knew, basically everyone loved them, even some envied them because of how in love they were with each other.  I was born on September 1st; my name being Jeon Jungkook, son of Jeon Eunah and Jeon Jihyun.  I was the cutest baby, as shown from my baby pictures.  Everyone loved me.

The day came where I would be able to attend primary school for the first time ever, and boy was I scared.

"Jungkook!  Get back here mister!  You can't run around in your underwear for your first day!"  My father yelled, chasing me around the house until my mother scooped me up in her arms and held me close, telling me school was not scary as I thought it was.

"Honey, go grab Kookie's clothes.  I'll get him something to eat."  The gentle smile on my mother's face made me believe that life was not all that bad. 

She took me to our small kitchen and sat me in my favourite chair, passing me my red juice.  "Will it be eggs and bacon, or pancakes?"  She said, turning on the stove.  I smiled when she mentioned pancakes, instantly nodding.  She lightly laughed at my eagerness.  "Alrighty then,"

My parents were truthful, kind, funny, and social.  They had lots of friends, and that's how I met my first one.  Choi Woseok.

After the bus stopped, everyone got out.  Some were cowering in their seats and some were skipping past others as if today was the best day of their life's.  I, on the other hand, was so scared of other kids.  I didn't think I would make any friends, at all.

"E—Excuse me,"  I mumbled as I passed through the crowd of kids I didn't know.  "Sorry!"  Multiple kids gave me frowns as I bumped into them, apologizing while still passing through.  Today was a busy day I suppose.  Well, this was a big school so. . .

"Alright!  Let's run attendance,"  Mrs. Kim sounded, smiling while letting random names run off her tongue.  "Jeon Jungkook,"

'What do I do?'  That's all I could think about.  'Were you supposed to hold your hand up high or say yes?'  I was confused.  "Uhhhh, Y—Yes?  I-I'm Jeon Jungkook. . ."  Some kids laughed at my shyness, while the teacher just shook her head and checked off my name like she did with the others.

There goes my first impression, down the drain.

I wasn't really paying attention to my surroundings as I was too focused on how to change people's thoughts about me.  "Ouch!"  Huh?

My eyes fixed themselves from the ground up to this tall kid I bumped into.  "A—Are you o-okay?"  I asked, crouching to pick up his stuff he dropped.

"I'm fine, don't worry."  After that I sat alone in my seat, eating quietly while focusing my eyes on that kid I bumped into.  He seemed nice.

×

When I came home, my mother had a friend over.  They were laughing in the living area, talking back and fourth to each other and asking about their kids.  "Oh!  Jungkook, why don't you come meet Mrs Choi?"  My mother smiled as she got up to lead me to her friend.