79| Grateful

The thin trees swayed to the wind like it was music. The invisible force shook their leaves gently with little strength, careful and delicate to the wonderful life the land has made.

The once bright blue sky had darkened overtime, and the small critters that lived around the area had poked their heads out to see the moon and it's gorgeous glow.

Nothing made a sound. All you could hear were the chirping of the crickets and the sound of gentle waves hitting the land. Twinkling little stars peeked out from their hiding spots to show everyone that night was bestowing upon them.

"Minseon, can you hear me yet?"  you asked again, a little disappointed that this didn't work both ways.

"I'm trying.. but I can't hear her,"  Minseon thought, looking off to the left of the room with a small frown forming on his lips.

You sighed, pulling the boy into a short embrace.  "It's okay, Minseon..  I suppose it is only one-sided.." you said with a small frown, pulling away and patting his head gently like he was a little puppy.

The boy whined and pushed your hand away, "s-stop it, [Y/n].  I-I think I he-hear s-someone calling u-us."

"Oh?" you raised an eyebrow at the brunet and looked to the closed door, a confused expression on your face, "that's odd, Minseon. I don't hear anything.."

Minseon pointed to the door, "b-but–!"

"I thought I called you downstairs–," Jimin stopped as he opened the door, frowning, eyes narrowing at the brunet beside you, "what are you two doing?"

"See!" Minseon exclaimed, shaking his head.

"What do you mean, oppa? We were just talking.." you trailed off, staring straight at Jimin.

The male glanced over to you, his expression showing nothing but suspicion. "Didn't you hear me calling downstairs? I said your name five times and you still didn't hear me!" he scolded, crossing his arms. "Is there something I'm not aware of, [Y/n]? Why are you and Minseon so close to each other?"  he asked, raising an eyebrow in your direction.

"Huh?" you looked down and seen how close Minseon's legs were, so close that they were pressing slightly against your own. You were that close beside him. "Oh.."

"Yeah. Now you better come down because supper is ready,"  Jimin ordered with a huff, turning on his heel and leaving the room quietly.

The brunet boy looked a little scared as he shared a look with you, frozen, remembering the feeling of Jimin's strong stare on him just a second ago.  Thinking back on it, the older's eyes would've pierced his skull if it had got anymore intense.

A couple seconds passed with only silence and some glances to one another. The two of you soon remembered that you should leave the room, more preferably before Jimin comes back.

"Hey guys," Jungkook monotonously greeted, moving his fork slightly in the form of a wave, "nice to see your both down here now.."

You raised an eyebrow at the strange behaviour the raven head was emitting, and you sent a confused look towards Seokjin who, in return, just sighed deeply.

"What's wrong with him?"  you asked, moving to sit beside Minseon on a stool, slight concern in your tone.

Seokjin shook his head and pointed to the phone in front of you, a small frown on his lips.  "Yeonmi had called not too long ago to tell Jungkook that she was breaking up with him, and.. hearing that really broke his heart."