32| Fire [Part 1]

In a city called Busan...

A married couple just bought their first house together. They've been married for one and a half years. The woman was pregnant, about to have the baby anytime now.

"Jagi, where'd you put my research books?"

"In the third bedroom."

The wife was named Cho Bora, the husband named Cho Minho. They were expecting a daughter soon. She would be their first child.

**KNOCK KNOCK**

"I'll get the door!"

The pregnant woman waddled over to the front door, where she sent a smile to her best friend she hasn't seen in months.

"Yah! Where have you been Lee Sangmi!? I was so worried! Your last trip took two weeks and you haven't spoken or called me in two months and then you suddenly reappear!"

The woman named Sangmi smiled sheepishly, scratching her neck lightly.

"Sorry. I got caught up in something. I won't do it ever again."

Bora then spread a smile, embracing her friend carefully.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too."

They both pulled away and Bora let the guest in, shutting the door behind them both. She led the older woman to the living area where they both sat down on the comfy furniture, talking about things while sipping tea.

"How's the little one?"

"She's doing good. I'm excited and so is Minho. She'll be our first. ."

"Isn't that lovely? Now you all can grow up together once she's born, maybe have more kids?"

Sangmi wiggled her eyebrows at her friend who just rolled her eyes.

"I think one is enough for now- ah!"

"What's wrong?"

Sangmi ran over to check her friend who let out pained groans.

"I think. . I think it's time."

Minho got told of the great news from Sangmi who was smiling happily for the couple. All three piled in a car and drove to the hospital, where Bora would give birth.

The birthing went well, the baby healthy and well. Bora smiled softly as she was handed her new born, a few stray tears rolling down her cheeks.

"She's beautiful."

Minho walked over to his wife, holding her close while giving a kiss to her and his daughters' head.

"She is."

"May I see?"

Bora nodded to Sangmi, letting her now she could see the child.

"Oh my. . . She's beautiful just like I hoped."

Sangmi rubbed the child's tiny hand, giggling when the baby wrapped it's hand around hers.

"She'll be a wonderful young lady when she grows up."

Minho and Bora smiled at Sangmi's compliment.

The wife was allowed to go home soon after, rocking her baby to comfort her while Minho drove them back to their home.

"Is the baby's room ready?"

"It is. I hope you like it."

"I think I will."

Minho led his wife and new born up to the third bedroom, the bedroom that Minho's been working on for awhile now. That room was made for the baby.

"Oh my- Minho. . It's beautiful,"

Bora set the baby down in the crib, hugging her husband tightly then giving him a warm and thankful, loving kiss on the lips.

"What should we name her?"

"I think I'll-"

**CRASH**

"Wha- What was that!?"

"Bora, you stay here and protect the baby. I'll go check."

"Minho, no-"

The husband grabbed a pair of scissors he had in one of the desk drawers beside Bora, carefully leaving the room and going downstairs as Bora watched him worriedly from the hallway.

"Who are you?"

She covered her mouth when she heard her husband's voice, talking to someone.

That's when she knew.

That's when Bora knew to call Sangmi. Sangmi was a witch. The witch would protect the baby from harm.

"S-Sangmi,"

"What is it? What's wrong?"

Bora's uneven breathing led Sangmi to believe what she thought wouldn't ever happen.

"I'm outside, carefully hold the baby out the window."

"B-But-"

"It's okay. She'll be fine. I'll grab her with my magic."

"O-Okay. ."

The woman sobbed quietly as she picked up the new born, carrying her over to the open window. Bora looked down to see Sangmi, holding out her arms towards the baby.

"Mommy loves you. . m-mommy loves y-you so so s-so m-much."

The wife couldn't stop crying. She was about to leave her baby, her first baby, in Sangmi's arms. But she knew she would be safe with her than herself.

Bora softly gave a warm, sad, sorrowful, yet loving kiss to her baby's head before she let her go.

"Got her!"

Sangmi yelled quietly as a purple bubble appeared around the new born, carefully dropping closer to the witch's arms.

Bora heard heavy footsteps in the hallway outside the room she was still in.

"S-Sangmi,"

"What?"

"Hide her. H-Hide my baby from the world. They'll h-hunt her down if t-they find her. M-Mask her Sangmi, protect her. Understand me?"

The witch knew what Bora was speaking of. She knew the masking spell was hard, and could take some hours. But she'll do it for Bora, Minho, and the baby's safety.

"Tell her I loved her, very m-much."

Bora got pulled back by a strong pair of arms. She sobbed as her mouth was covered by the stranger's gloved hand.

The wife met her husband downstairs, where he and her were tied together against the wall by the kitchen.

"Make sure to scream~ We'd love to know you suffered."

A fire was set around the couple, both crying and screaming as they burned deep in the fire while the three men left the house, grinning to one another as the place burned to ashes, the couple dying within it.

At least they died together. .

- A/N -
To be continued