76| Tired

The sky was darkStars had filled the huge, empty void with their twinkling lights, the moon acting as a nightlight for all the animals and life on the land, it's calming glow reflecting onto the sea prettily. The windows upstairs were open, the gentle swishing of the waves hitting the land brought peaceful sleep upon the eight of them— not nine, because you were wide awake.

You would stare at the ceiling for minutes on end, for what felt like hours and hours. The calming noise of the waves brought nothing onto you, but it provided something to listen to just so you could avoid the silence in the room.

It hasn't come to you why you could sleep. You've been thinking of absolutely nothing. But something.. something is keeping you awake, and you don't know what.

As you glance over to the sound-asleep boy, you take notice of how peaceful and happy he looks, laying there in a place where he can feel safe, that no harm can come to him.

But maybe you're the harm.

He's in danger, and not just by his father, but by you. It pains you to think that of yourself, how you could hurt him any second without meaning to.

It scares you.

Why do you feel this way? Why does this happen? So many questions, and so, so many are unanswered.

Hearing his soft little snores brought a happy smile on your face, just a small one. You want to fall asleep like him and the others, but something is still keeping you awake.

You don't even feel tired. Staring at anything and everything for so long hasn't tired your eyes out yet, which is strange and disappointing.

'What is possibly keeping me awake?'

Then, out of literally nowhere, an unknown figure appears in the corner of the room, more specifically by the door, as if it just entered in the room.

"You are troubled." the awfully familiar voice spoke, which made you gasp, jumping into realization that it was the other version of you, your vampire side.  It was the one that you seen in your dream once!

"What are you doing here? How can you do that?"  you frowned, backing up against the headboard of the bed, a little startled.

The figure slowly approached you, and as it stepped into the light from the window, it showed its form, looking exactly like you but with soft yellow eyes and looked a bit transparent, which led you to think it was your imagination creating this due to the lack of sleep.

She sat on the end of your bed and looked in Minseon's direction, which made you look at the boy as well.  "There is so much I could do, but you will not let me take the lead, you will not let me touch what Fate has created for us."  said the girl, folding her hands upon her lap.

You furrowed your brows and chose not to respond, wondering what she meant by that.

"It doesn't matter how many times I tell you, encourage you, warn you.. You just won't listen." she stood afoot and walked over to Minseon's bed, stopping when she stood right in beside it. "He's safe for now, but what will happen later? I am not Fate. I am you. And I cannot predict the future nor the past."

Why did it seem as if she was giving up? Was she acting? Was she telling the truth? She looks so defeated. You thought hard about what to ask, and you came to an idea.

"Does he know? Does he know what you– I want?" you inquired, watching the girl's every movement.

She didn't move or look at you, she stood where she was, staring down blankly at the sleeping boy. "No, he does not know anything. You must convince him, for Fate is running out of time, and we must claim the boy before it's too late." she then turned around to face your curious and weary eyes. "He will be safe by our side, and we will be able to protect him."

You shifted your gaze to your lap, closing your eyes and hoping she would disappear. "How do I protect him? I fear I will harm him.." you mumbled sadly, feeling regretful for the times you almost hurt him.

"I am not sure." you shot open your eyes, brows furrowed as you glanced back up at the girl who was standing in the middle of the room now. "Fate has connected us to him, but Fate has not given me instructions, only guidance, and that is when you let me take over. You must trust in me– you must trust in yourself."

She disappeared.

Her words definitely stuck in your head, and it left you wondering about everything she spoke of, everything she knew. You thought she knew what to do to protect Minseon, but she does not.

'How will I.... Can I bring myself to trust her?'

Sleep wasn't on your mind, but your eyes started to close, and your overwhelming thoughts vanished.

Sunrise came, and with it came the wonderful smell of Seokjin's cooking.

"Minseon, here, try this!" you heard from the kitchen as you came down the stairs. You walked sleepily into the delicious-smelling room, Seokjin smiling upon seeing your face. "Sweetie, look! Minseon is trying my amazing cooking!" he said with pride, pointing at the boy who was enjoying the food laid out in front of him.

"Where's everyone else?" you asked with a small yawn as you took the empty seat beside Minseon.

"They already ate, but some of them didn't want any food, so they went into the living room to play some board games with the others. Do you want breakfast?" he offered, leaning over the kitchen island to boop your nose.

You giggled at the cute gesture, shaking your head with a small smile. "No thanks, I'm not feeling up to it today."

"Something wrong?" the eldest frowned, tucking away a loose strand of hair from your face. "Did you not sleep well? You look tired."

You shook your head again and jumped off the stool, ignoring the way Seokjin looked at you sceptically as you moved out to the hallway and opened the front door.

'Ah, fresh air.  Isn't it nice?'

You took a seat in one of the yellow chairs on the porch and leant back in relaxation, but all of that was pretty much ruined when something sweet hit your nose.

'Oh no..'

♥︎ a/n ♥︎
What happened?