36| Sweets

(A/N: Sorry for the late update!  I've been a little lazy lately and didn't feel all too motivated to publish any new chapters of Rain.  I apologize for that.  But anyways, on with the chapter!  Enjoy~)

So here we stand, right in front of the entrance doors to the mall.  By my side stood my family, chattering amongst each other.  Even now that I know they're not my real family, that won't change how I think of them as my real one.  That won't change the way I call Seokjin my dad.  Nothing will change but how I am now;  I'm not human, and  yet I never was in the first place.  How do I feel about this?  A little sad, still shocked, but I have to accept who I am now, who I was supposed to be.

Do you think I wanted to be this way?  No.  But my parents were, and because of them now I am.  I'm not mad, I'm not regretting being their child, either.  It's just it's a lot of weight to carry on a teenagers' shoulder, especially when they never knew who they were in the first place, assuming they were human, but in reality they were far from that.

Everyone thought it was best to teach me how to be safe around humans, how to keep myself from attacking them.  I have to say that I do hate the fact that I could potentially hurt people, and it's all because I have to feed to stay alive.  At least, the good thing is I don't have to ever give up human food.  Yoongi told me that human food is like pleasure food, something to eat when you just wanna taste something good.  He did mention that it won't give you any nutritions or cease your hunger.  The thing that sort made me upset is that he admitted right in my face that blood was much much better, but I have yet to know.  And a part of me never wants to know what that tastes like, what it feels like to bite into someone's skin.  Of course I have to learn how to control myself, though I don't know why.  I've been fine up until now, haven't I?

"Why did we choose the mall of all places?" Jungkook whined, clinging onto Taehyung as the older spoke to Hoseok.

"It's a better place for [Y/n] to learn to control herself, yet it could also be quite dangerous with Jungkook around and with [Y/n] not knowing what she's capable of..." Seokjin trailed off, scratching the back of his neck as he took in his surroundings.

Namjoon stood by me, holding me close for a brief side hug. "It's okay [Y/n].  Don't worry, you'll be fine.  We'll make sure you don't do anything you wouldn't want to do.  You trust us, right?" you nodded in agreement, smiling slightly. "Well then all you have to do is stick close to us.  Seokjin-hyung will give a short rule list and explain a few things before we go inside."

Right after he said that Seokjin gathered everyone 'round, huddling us all together in a circle so no person who passed our group could hear our conversation.

"Okay.  So now I'll say some brief rules that all of you, including me, must abide by them strictly, or no one is getting the TV for a full week."

"Noooo," Jungkook instantly whined.

"Yeeees," Seokjin mocked, rolling his eyes at the younger. "Now, here's the rules.  One;  no following anyone but us.  Especially you, Jungkook.  Two;  no one is allowed to separate from the group even with one of us."

Everyone nodded even though Jungkook looked really down about somethings that were mentioned.  I grabbed onto Yoongi's arm as he was the one who was close by me, Seokjin leading everyone into the mall as a group.

As we walked through the entrance doors, I thought something would happen to me but nothing really did, which confused me as to why everyone is talking about controlling me.  I looked to Yoongi in confusion.

"Was something supposed to happen back there?" I questioned, looking behind me at the doors.

Yoongi chuckled and shook his head. "No, but maybe later when we're around more people that you'll feel something."

I don't like this, I thought to myself, looking around the mall from where I was.  I watched as Jungkook would occasionally wink at some girls that would pass by us.  I rolled my eyes at him.

"Whoa!  I smell sweets!  Can we buy some!?" I smiled, tugging at Yoongi's arm.  He looked down at me with a small, almost unnoticed frown.

"What?" I said, glancing at everyone else with a curious face on. "Why are you all looking at me that way?  What did I do?  Did I say something wrong?"

"That's what I told you would happen." Yoongi mumbled from my side, me turning to give him a look.

"What do you mean?  I smell sweets." I repeated, squinting my eyes at him.  He sighed and pointed at some people.

"What you smell isn't sweets, [Y/n].  You're smelling people."

My eyes widened. "I-I'm what?" I shook my head repeatedly, looking to the ground below me. "I'm not..."

"Pumpkin," Hoseok called. "I know it's a lot to take in and get accustomed to, but you have to accept that this is how you'll live from now on..."

I glanced back and fourth from Hoseok to Yoongi.  Sighing, I nodded, and as much as I hated it, Hoseok was right.

This would be hard to get used to.  I would probably have to practice a lot with my oppas if I want to go back to school and live like I used to.

After being in the mall for awhile, we soon returned home and had dinner.  Seokjin tried to get me to have some of the blood they drink, but I kindly refused.  He still sat the cup in front of me in case I changed my mind, which I did, but only when no one was around to watch me.  It felt weird drinking blood in front of them when they always thought I was human.  Of course I know now that I never was.

— A/N —
Thoughts?