94| Heartfelt

( a/n : be prepared, my lovelies, for this may be something... ;) )

The weekend showed up sooner than expected, and you weren't yet ready to be so close with everyone. You've been distancing yourself from your brothers, but especially Minseon; all after Seokjin announced that you two were "soulmates", "fated mates"— whatever he called it.

You kept your distance once you returned home from school, immediately retreating into the comfortable privacy of your room. Dark clouds drew in just as you got home, but once you stepped in your room a storm erupted with excessive amounts of rain. You didn't pay too much mind to it, even though you kinda wanted to leave the house when you got out of school, but listening to the rain drowning out all your worries—even if it was just temporary—sounded like a way better idea.

'I can't be mates with Minseon...  it's not right.  We aren't supposed to have mates, but my "rare" kind can...  Ugh!  This is too much for my brain to handle!'

The subtle creak of your door broke your concentration on the rainfall as the boy you've been trying to avoid all this time had walked in, sitting nervously behind you. Minseon swallowed a small lump in his throat before speaking, "A-Are you mad?" He tensed up unknowingly when you moved around on your bed, your back now laying comfortably on the mattress.

You drew in some air, your eyes clamped shut as you tried to focus more on the rain. "No," you muttered, voice almost going unheard by the boy.

Minseon exhaled quietly, acting as if he was relived by your answer. You sighed, thinking of something to distract yourself.  He turned his head gently to the right, deciding to watch the rain slide down the window, "D-Did I do s-something wrong, th-then?"  His voice was so quiet and nervous, like a sad puppy after it gets scolded.

"No,"  you breathed out,  "Minseon, nothing is your fault." The said boy frowned at you, almost believing you for a second. He knew better.

He raked his hand through his hair, thinking back to the many times he thought you were happy with him, truly happy. But now, he believed you hated him for being... connected with him. The boy sucked in some air, "B-But, maybe if y-you n-never met me, then t-this wouldn't have—"

"It's not your fault!" you abruptly shouted as you sat up and faced him, quickly grabbing his hands as they visibly shook from the loudness of your voice. "I'm... sorry, Minseon," you softly spoke, lowering your voice to calm him down, "It's neither your fault nor mine.  We didn't choose this path in life, and we definitely didn't send an application to some company in the sky saying, 'oh hey, I'd like a mate please,' so stop blaming yourself!"  you scolded, not paying enough attention to notice that you started crying out of nowhere, your mind clouded with different thoughts and situations, memories playing a big role in this as you remembered the countless times you'd almost caused harm to Minseon.

The boy looked at you, gaze softened as he pulled you in for an unexpected hug, but feeling the warmth of his body against your own made you feel less upset. A moment of silence lasting a few minutes was enough for you to calm down and pull away from Minseon, even if you wanted to be in his arms longer. But maybe that was just because of this 'fated mate' thing, you'll never really know.

You couldn't muster up any words, your mind in a maze as it tried to look for something, anything. Minseon's eyes were still holding that soft gaze as he watched you carefully, wondering what was going on through your head.

Everything just came down at once.

It all started with the day you supposedly 'became' a vampire— a Royal one at that. Then, you met Minseon, learned of his past and became best friends with the boy. The times where you got kidnapped? That too. Then, this.... mate bond thingy, it made you question your every move prior to learning of that fact.