98| Odd Encounter

Monday, April 20th.
— 12:30 p.m.

The already loud chattering ended up getting even louder the closer you got to the cafeteria, your squinted eyes scanning the large area for your three supernatural friends and, of course, your most closest friend (and mate), Minseon.

"Hey, over here!" You heard a familiar voice shout over the numerous students, a pale hand waving in the air to catch your attention.

You instantly rushed to the table, passing by multiple filled tables as you made your way there.  A smile played at your lips as Minseon sent a small wave to you. You placed yourself down on one of the empty chairs and took out your lunchbox, the three werewolves sitting beside you gawking at your homemade meal, specially made with love by none other than Seokjin himself.

"So...," Kyungsoo trailed, his eyes carefully watching you pull the metal chopsticks out of the box. "Anything good today?" he wondered.

"No.  Kyungsoo, you aren't allowed my food,"  you answered bluntly, already knowing what the ravenet wanted.

"But you should!  I'm older than you!"  he pleaded.  ( a/n :  yes guys.  I did it.  I finally remembered their actual ages.  Eric, Changjae, and Kyungsoo are all 15.  [Y/n] is a year younger, making her 14.  Minseon, well, for him... I still don't remember his exact age... so let's say he's 14 1/2... sigh.  )

"I honestly don't care, Soo, this was made for me,"  you replied, earning a pout from the dark-haired male. "Anyways. Guys, how was your weekend?" you asked as you easily snatched some grains of rice with your chopsticks.

Changjae immediately shot his hand in the air at the question, a big smile on his face. "I did so much!" he beamed. "I went to the movies with Eric, had a picnic with my family, and went swimming!" he exclaimed, feeling proud for what he did.

"That's great!" you responded with a smile.

The others eventually spoke about their own weekend happenings, but Minseon and you kept quiet about your own. Eric kept on arguing with Changjae about the movie they watched on Saturday, having said it was better if the characters didn't always act so dumb throughout the whole show, but Changjae said that they weren't dumb, just not so smart. It was a very weird argument.

"Hey, speaking of weekends, what did you and Minseon do, [Y/n]?" Kyungsoo grinned, leaning closer towards you as if to tease you.

Your cheeks were a light shade of red within a matter seconds, having been reminded about the closeness you and Minseon had shared not too long ago, and just thinking about it made the boy sitting across from you blush, too.  Kyungsoo looked expectingly at you, wondering what was taking so long for you to simply reply.

"Uhh... we did.. things?"  you mumbled, looking back and forth between Minseon and Kyungsoo.  "It was a normal weekend,"  you lied through your teeth, not letting anything else slip out on accident.

"Ohhh,"  the dark-haired werewolf replied, wearing a small, knowing smirk on his lips.  "Must've been boring, seeing as you two didn't do anything for fun,"  he hummed, emphasizing certain words as to irritate you, which it did.

You had to stop and calm yourself down before you end up attacking your annoying friend in front of everyone.  Thank God for Eric quickly changing the topic to something else or you would have caused a huge scene.

"Minseon, what's wrong?"  you asked, slowly following his uncomfortable gaze to find that nothing was wrong.

The boy shook his head two or three times as if he was imagining things, then going right back to eating his sliced carrots as if nothing out of the ordinary had occurred.  He seemed pretty normal after that unless you count the occasional and quick glances behind you.  You wondered what was up with him.  Minseon would tell you if something was wrong, right?