Dutch van der Linde and Mary-Beth Gaskill: Coming Out Part 2

Dutch van der Linde & Daughter Reader
Mary-Beth Gaskill X Female Reader

Summary: you start dating some one, Mary-Beth, and you have to tell your father, Dutch.

Word Count: 2500

You were getting ready to retire to your tent for the night when you saw Mary-Beth walking over to you with a warm smile on her face.

"Hey, Y/n. I got you something" Mary-Beth announced happily as she stood in front of you, holding a book out to you.

"Thanks" you smiled as you took the book from her. You were clearly surprised by her gesture, definitely not expecting her to have gotten a gift for you. You couldn't even think why she would get you a gift in the first place.

You looked down at the book in your hand, examining it. It was a romance novel, which wasn't surprising since it came from Mary-Beth, but the more surprising part was that it was a romance novel about two women.

"Oh...wow, thank you Mary-Beth. Where did you find this?" you asked, looking at her with slightly widened eyes. You were shocked but very thankful for the kind gesture.

"It took a lot of searching but apparently the author has written other books like this. So, if you like this one, I could try to get you another" Mary-Beth assured you kindly, and once again you are warmed by her friendly offer.

"That's amazing, thank you. This was so thoughtful" you thank her again, smiling down at the book before smiling at the other woman.

"I just remember you saying that you couldn't really connect with other romance novels, maybe this one will be better" she shrugged slightly. She had thought that you might be able to enjoy a romance novel more when you could insert yourself into the story better.

"I have high hopes for it" you told her with another bright smile. It was just so thoughtful and you couldn't stop smiling.

You thanked Mary-Beth again before hugging her, she instantly returned your embrace, lingering in the hug for a little longer than she probably should. You pulled away from the embrace and noticed that she was blushing lightly, but you didn't get to say anything before she nodded and walked away.

You couldn't help but wonder why Mary-Beth was blushing but you also couldn't deny that she looked rather sweet with the blush on her cheeks. It only made her more beautiful.

-----

You had finished reading the book that Mary-Beth had gifted to you, you had actually had a hard time putting the book down. The story was intriguing and immersive as well as well-written, it was certainly a good read.

Deciding that you needed to thank Mary-Beth for her kindness once again, you walked over to where she was sitting. She was sitting under the shade of a large tree, on a blanket by herself with a book in her hands.

"Hey, Mary-Beth. I just wanted to say that I finished that book that you got me. It was wonderful, I can't thank you enough. It just means a lot to me that you would go out of your way like that to do something nice for me" you thanked her again, hoping that she knew just how much gratitude you had for such a simple kindness.

"You don't have to thank me. I actually read it myself before I gave it to you. I wanted to make sure that it was actually good before you read it. Plus, I couldn't deny that I was curious" Mary-Beth admitted with a shy smile.

"You were curious?" you asked, raising an eyebrow at her as you sat down beside her.

"Oh, uh...yeah" Mary-Beth blushed lightly as she placed her book down on the ground and turned her attention back to you.