The Van der Linde Gang: Family Part 7

The Van der Linde Gang & Teenage Female Reader

Summary: you convince Dutch to let you go on a job with them, you also prove that you are more capable than they thought.

AKA. the next edition of "I can't write action scenes!" XD

Word Count: 2500

"Dutch please" you pleaded as you followed him through the camp, not giving up no matter how many times he gave you the same answer. No matter how many times he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

You have been begging the rest of the gang to let you run real jobs with them for a while now, but none of them would let you go with them. Either because they said it was too dangerous or didn't want to go against Dutch's decision.

Everyone treated you like a child, all being too overprotective over you to let you go anywhere near something that could be dangerous. You appreciated their concern, you really did, but you wanted ti you wanted to run jobs. You wanted to help, to prove yourself to them, to prove that you could do this.

"No, Y/n. This is a dangerous job and I don't want you getting hurt" Dutch sighed, having repeated himself so many times that he lost count.

"I won't get hurt, you've all taught me to take care of myself. I'll be fine, I promise" you continued to try to convince him.

"You can't promise something like that" Dutch shook his head.

"But you promise it all the time" you reminded him, rolling your eyes.

"That's different" Dutch insisted as you reached the horses.

"Hosea! Please talk some sense into him" you turned your hopes to Hosea, who was checking Silver Dollar's saddle.

"I agree with Dutch, you should stay here. We don't want anything to happen to you" Hosea sighed, knowing that you have probably been arguing with Dutch about this since you found out about the job.

"I can handle this, just let me prove it" you looked between them both, hoping that one of them would change their minds.

"Arthur, what do you think?" Dutch asked, grabbing Arthur's attention as he was walking past them.

"Oh no, I ain't getting involved in this" Arthur laughed, shaking his head at the three of you. He just headed over to his horse.

"John, what about you?" Dutch looked over at the other man, who was just trying to stay out of it.

"What?" John hesitantly walking over, making Arthur chuckle.

"Y/n wants to come on the job with us" Dutch told him, waiting for John to also say that you can't come with them.

"Oh alright" John shrugged, not sounding like he had a problem with it. "You got your things?" he turned his attention you.

"Yep! All ready to go" you assured him, a bright smile spreading out over your face.

"Y/n" Dutch sighed, ready to shoot you down again.

"You asked John's opinion and he says it's fine. Lets go" you shrugged, still smiling to yourself. John earned a glare from Dutch, which left him confused but made Arthur laugh to himself.

"Fine, but just be careful" Dutch gave in, knowing that there was no point in arguing with you anymore. Still, he wasn't happy about it.

"Of course" you beamed as you walked away from Dutch and Hosea, going to prepare your horse. You couldn't deny that you were excited about going on your first real job, the adrenaline was already getting to you.