Charles Smith: Consequences

Charles Smith X Female Reader

Summary: You get into a small altercation in the saloon and Charles isn't happy about it.

WARNINGS: smut/NSFW

Word Count: 2400

You and Charles were in town, the two of you planning to meet with Arthur before all heading back to the camp. You decided to grab a drink in the saloon, the two of you talking between yourselves until you saw Arthur walking past the saloon window. Charles nodded at you, telling you that he would be back soon, before heading outside to tell Arthur that you were both getting a drink before returning to the camp.

"Arthur" Charles called as he moved down the steps of the saloon.

"Charles. Is Y/n with you?" Arthur turned around when he heard the familiar voice, wondering why you weren't with him.

"Yeah, she's in the saloon. We were getting a quick drink before heading back to the camp, you going to join us?" Charles asked.

"Sure, sounds good to me" Arthur nodded.

They both turned back towards towards the saloon and started walking towards it. As they reached the steps that led to the front door, they heard some sort of commotion going on in side. Some shouting and a bang.

The two of them looked at each other, silently communicating. As they were about to hurry inside, the commotion stopped and the saloon doors flew open. You were being roughly dragged out by the arm by the bartender.

"Alright, let go, I'm out" you huffed as you pulled your arm out of his grasp.

"Goddamn animals, stay outta here" the bartender muttered.

"You got it" you rolled your eyes.

The bartender grimaced at you before pushing you down the steps. You huffed, stumbling slightly bit Charles caught you with ease, shooting a glare at the bartender as he disappeared back inside.

"What did you do?" Arthur asked, sounding amused.

"I didn't do anything, some drunk idiot started a fight" you told them.

Charles took hold of your upper arms and held you at arms length, examining you. You didn't have any visible wounds on your face but your hair was messy, he was pretty sure that somebody had pulled on it or something.

"I was gone for two minutes" Charles' voice was low, almost threatening. The way he spoke and looked at you held you in place, it was intimidating. Arthur glanced between you both, curious about Charles' sudden change of mood.

"And as soon as you left that idiot started harassing me. Don't worry, I'm fine. It's him that you should worry about" you told him, trying to reassure him that you weren't harmed. At least, not too much.

"What did you do?" Charles asked, his gaze just as intense on you.

"I pushed him, punched him in the face...he deserved it though" you adverted your gaze, unable to meet his. It made you feel small.

"You...you what?" Charles sounded almost like he was in disbelief.

"Charles, don't worry, I'm alright" you assured him.

"You coming back to the camp?" Arthur asked, interrupting you both. He wasn't sure what was going on but he didn't want to get involved.

"Yeah, later. I'm going to get her cleaned up" Charles nodded, keeping hold of one of your arms in one of his hands as he turned to face Arthur.

"Good luck" Arthur chuckled, nodding at you.

"Arthur" you pleaded, knowing that Charles was angry with you. God, you felt like a child who was about to get scolded.